DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
15 minutes ago, Blue Dragon said:

Looks like Ice Ribbon could've been disbanded. When several members of their roster voiced their concerns, Sato decided to continue the promotion.

But I guess because of the amount of women who left....let them end up having more money saved, so they didn't.

It was reported in Shupro.

There were an awful lot of duties that had to be fulfilled with the folks that left, so it wouldn't have been too much of a surprise that there was some consideration to a shuttering rather than a restructure. Ice Ribbon (and Neoplus) had a lot of wrestlers that were also performing office duties. In the last few months it seems that Neoplus has been shifting positions into non-wrestling staff members instead of wrestlers also functioning as staff (Yappy's weekly youtube show has been introducing the staff members as they've been starting their new jobs, which is cute), which might help things as the wrestling side of things restocks.

9 minutes ago, DEAN said:

AWESOME! Kaho Kobayashi is wrestling again!  And so is Tae Honma.

Tae is on the Ice Ribbon 5/4 show (it's Tae, Saori Anou, and Maika Ozaki vs. Maya Yukihi, Yuko Sakurai, and NATSUMI). That's the same show with Tsukushi's retirement (she's in two matches, defending the Infinity title against Asahi, then teaming with Tsukasa Fujimoto against Nanae Takahashi and Hamuko Hoshi), as well as Tsukasa's last match before hiatus (Tsukka and Ibuki Hoshi vs. Arisa Nakajima and Hikaru Shida).

Also Aja Kong vs Kaho Matsushita. Yiiiiiiikes.

1 hour ago, nofuture said:

Another missed wrestler returning to the ring.

Today is a lovely day. ? Oh, how I've missed Jungle Kyona. I hope she's doing well!

15 hours ago, nofuture said:

Another missed wrestler returning to the ring.

I won't get my hopes up for any kind of full time return, I will just be happy to see her back at all. I would love to see Konami as her opponent since we will never see that Stardom feud resolved.

Ice Ribbon had Tsukushi Haruka and Tsukasa Fujimoto's final dojo matches before their respective retirement and hiatus today, as they faced... everyone that was available. We ended up with an 11 vs 2 match that went 37 minutes and was utterly delightful chaos.

Just before that match was a pretty great tag match with Hamuko Hoshi and Ibuki Hoshi against Nao Ishikawa and Kaho Matsushita.

Just those two matches justified my Club Ice Ribbon subscription for the month. Goodness. I'm really hopeful that Rifu Ribbon tomorrow makes tape, with the final Tsukka/Tsukushi singles match, plus Maya Yukihi and Rina Yamashita vs Asahi and Kaho Matsushita, plus Arisa Nakajima vs Ibuki Hoshi.

Edited by Stefanie the Human

ASUKA showed up at Ice Ribbon's show in Rifu today to second Makoto and tease me with all the potential matches I want to see her in there. Silly ASUKA. Quit playing games with my heart.

I watched the Prominence show from today.

If you like deathmatches, you will probably enjoy it.

If you don't like deathmatches, there was nothing here that will make you change your mind.

35 minutes ago, Stefanie the Human said:

I watched the Prominence show from today.

If you like deathmatches, you will probably enjoy it.

If you don't like deathmatches, there was nothing here that will make you change your mind.

How was the Ryo Mizunami match?