DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

21 minutes ago, J.H. said:

I thonk TJPW is using the Shida tag to set-up Maki v. Shida for AEW cross promotion. Now THAT would get me to watch AEW

James

Anybody have a list of matches or talents to check out from TJPW?  Very much hoping they have some ladies that can come in and help improve the slowly developing AEW Women's Division?

48 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

Anybody have a list of matches or talents to check out from TJPW?  Very much hoping they have some ladies that can come in and help improve the slowly developing AEW Women's Division?

When it comes to TJPW, they have a lot of colourful characters & it's very much a "fun" promotion rather than a Sendai Girls or SEAdLINNNG style more traditional joshi vibe. Which isn't to say there aren't really talented wrestlers there, between Shoko Nakajima, Miyu Yamashita, Rika Tatsumi, Magical Sugar Rabbits (Mizuki & Yuka Sakazaki), & then you have Maki Itoh who is slightly below that top tier but also has huge star vibes & is very good now (even without considering how far she's come along).

For individual matches, Miyu Yamashita vs Shoko Nakajima from 19th March this year is a good place to start, and if you've got that show up then the Magical Sugar Rabbits vs Hakuchumu (Rika Tatsumi & Miu Watanabe) really good too. The Yamashita vs Maki Itoh match from last year's Wrestle Princess, their biggest event of the year, from the 9th October, is also extremely worth watching, especially with the prematch VT that explains their backstory (Miyu was there on day 1 in TJPW, she was Itoh's first opponent)

• Thanks 1

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

Also, with Maki Itoh, it's really more about learning about her journey than any one specific match. This is a great primer to help you along (edit: with the caveat that it's now almost two years old and she's come even further since then).

Edited by Stefanie the Human

8 minutes ago, Stefanie the Human said:

Also, with Maki Itoh, it's really more about learning about her journey than any one specific match. This is a great primer to help you along (edit: with the caveat that it's now almost two years old and shrt e's come even further since then).

Maki Ito is the best wrestler in TJPW now.  In the last year she somehow became the Bret Hart of Tokyo Joshi Pro.

EDIT:  WATCH THIS!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, nofuture said:

FQYkqEAVUAwMq9W.jpg

Old rivals teasing a face off at today's Kouroukan Anniversary show.

More and more I wonder if Ogawa and Kidani are trying to set up another Dream Slam where they can do Stardom vs. world like AJW did. Ogawa failed miserably the last time he attempted a lighter version of it for Stardom.

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
6 minutes ago, DEAN said:

Maki Ito is the best wrestler in TJPW now.  In the last year she somehow became the Bret Hart of Tokyo Joshi Pro.

EDIT:  WATCH THIS!

Yeah I'm behind on my TJPW but Maki was fantastic all throughout 2021, and I can't see any reason why that would've changed this year.

3 hours ago, HarryArchieGus said:

Miu Watanabe deserves a look if for nothing else than moves like this.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, quackhell said:

Miu Watanabe deserves a look if for nothing else than moves like this.

Miu Watanabe is awesome.  WATCH THIS!

• Like 3