DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

Some engrish

https://www.tokyo-sports.co.jp/prores/4118243/

When Akai said that she would like to work with and fight in the future if the opportunity arises, Arai expressed her desire to continue the duo, saying, "I would like to get stronger and fight more often if the opportunity arises again."

Sanshiro Takagi, president of Cyberfight, which operates the organization, watched the match and said, "I felt the potential for them to become a world-class tag team. They are both big (Akai is 174 cm and Arai is 167 cm) and have a lot of flair."
He said he was in favor of continuing the duo and added, "I hope they continue in Tokyo Joshi. I'd like to see DDT get them if they can get them out (laughs). This is a tag team that can get Zeni. The yen and dollar marks are flapping their wings. It can be put out to the world, and there is no other tag team that has such potential and such a gold mine full of potential. We want to market them all over the world and all over Japan, not only to AEW but to the whole world," he said, flicking his soroban.

"It's Reiwa's AA Cannon, following the Showa B-I Cannon (Giant Baba & Antonio Inoki) and the Heisei OH-Cannon (Naoya Ogawa & Shinya Hashimoto). Besides, I hear that Arai originally wanted to be a model. Her and Akai could go to the Paris Collection together; just the two of them walking side by side would be a picture." President Takagi was full of praise to the end, saying, "Well, my dreams are expanding. It is worrying that he is beginning to show signs of being a money-grubber...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DEAN said:

Hey!  It's four minutes of Miyu Yamashita versus Juria Nagano.  Juria is gonna be fun.

The looks she's shooting Miyu after she starts getting her ass kicked alone show fire and presence that most don't get. 

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
3 hours ago, Overly Critical Man said:

With all due respect to Wheeler Yuta and Jon Moxley, Ibuki Hoshi and Rina Amikura had the best match of the weekend. Whew doggy.

They really did beat the chanko out of each other. It was better the second time around.

Kaho Matsushita looks like she's been improving every single time she gets in the ring as well. It's hard to stand out when you're in a tag match with Tsukka and Tsukushi, but she's losing her tentativeness with each match. I bought that side buster as a possible finish and was kind of surprised it wasn't.

Edited by Stefanie the Human

I just caught the 20th March Ice Ribbon from Korakuen & got to say, the Muscle Venus reunion vs Hamuko Hoshi & Makoto, first time Fujimoto & Hikaru Shida had tagged since 2014 & it was fantastic, delivering nostalgia, emotion & as a stand alone match between 4 great wrestlers.

Not on the same level but the title match between Tsukushi Haruka & SAKI of Color's is real good too.

Last thing to mention is that ASUKA & Takumi Iroha vs Maria & Chikayo Nagashima from 22/3 Marvelous is a Tag match well worth catching

8 minutes ago, Eivion said:

When? I recall AZM accepting Mei's challenge but no date was set. Has one been set finally?

Stardom "CINDERELLA TOURNAMENT 2022 FINAL", 29.04.2022. It will be in the middle of the card.

• Thanks 1