DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

so how much is Stardom World in US dollars? Does it have English content (either live or staggered release)? And will Prominence be exclusively on there, or other places too, because I’m really interested in that as well.

Same questions go for Wrestle Universe, actually.

Both are 999 yen (less than $10).  Japanese streaming services always bill on the 1st, not on the day you subscribe.

Wrestle Universe generally live streams their shows except for their small shows.  Only their bigger shows have English commentary.  Some pre-launch Prominence events will be shown on Wrestle Universe, but it's unknown where they shows will stream when the promotion starts.

Stardom does not live stream their shows, but they usually post their shows within a day or two afterwards.  The exception is for their bigger events which are PPV, so there's a 4 day delay until they can post the show.    Those big shows have English commentary from time to time, but all shows are subtitled.

• Thanks 1

@nofuture all that sounds good. hopefully Prominence will stream somewhere affordable, I need joshi hardcore matches in my life.

Another question: can I search for specific matches and wrestlers without having to scroll through an entire show, like Peacock and their wrestling stuff? Kind of like how the old Network would let you search a name and matches would pop up? Oh, and back catalog? Cuz I want to see Io and Kairi in Stardom, for sure.

I need more Utami Hayashishita, I’ll just say that much.

Edited by Casey

From LuroPove

Stardom "STARDOM CINDERELLA JOURNEY IN AORE 2022", 23.02.2022
Aore Nagaoka

0. Tam Nakano vs. Fukigen Death★....nope
0. Future of Stardom Title Contendership, 3 Way Battle: Mai Sakurai vs. Waka Tsukiyama vs. Rina
1. Future of Stardom Title: Hanan (c) vs. Momo Kohgo
2. Utami Hayashishita & Lady C vs. Momo Watanabe & Ruaka
3. Mayu Iwatani vs. Saki Kashima...nope
4. High Speed Title: Starlight Kid (c) vs. AZM
5. Ryogoku Skirmish: Syuri, Maika & Himeka vs. Giulia, MIRAI & Thekla
6. Goddesses of Stardom Title: Hazuki & Koguma (c) vs. Mina Shirakawa & Unagi Sayaka
7. Wonder of Stardom Title: Saya Kamitani (c) vs. Natsupoi

The order of the matches will be decided by fan vote. Thanks to Kitto's forceful suggestion.

Mayu vs Saki is now Mayu and Tam vs Saki and Fukigen.

Edited by Blue Dragon

Curious to see where fan voting leads. 

Also curious to see who participates in New blood Rising. Curious if its a show for rookies or something different. Presumably Marvelous and Seadlinnng are locks.

Edited by Eivion

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

More Ice Ribbon in GLEAT! I enjoy Totoro Satsuki a bunch, and Kaho Matsushita's showed a lot of promise in her first handful of matches. Kind of surprised it's not Asahi and Kaho since they're a team, but I'll gladly take more Totoro.

22 hours ago, Casey said:

Another question: can I search for specific matches and wrestlers without having to scroll through an entire show, like Peacock and their wrestling stuff? Kind of like how the old Network would let you search a name and matches would pop up? Oh, and back catalog? Cuz I want to see Io and Kairi in Stardom, for sure.

I need more Utami Hayashishita, I’ll just say that much.

yes, both sites have a search function

• Like 1

Can someone explain the Fukigen Death character to me as I find her hysterical but don't understand the meaning (particularly hitting people with rolled up newspapers)?

7 hours ago, sabremike said:

Can someone explain the Fukigen Death character to me as I find her hysterical but don't understand the meaning (particularly hitting people with rolled up newspapers)?

Ok, so Kaori Yoneyama started out as DEATH Yama-San. A death rocker with a very limited vocabulary.

Spoiler

Death Yama-san reacts during the Women's Pro-Wrestling 'Stardom' at... News  Photo - Getty Images

When DEATH Yama-San got drafted to STARS, she became Gokigen DEATH. Literally, a clown.

Spoiler

Fukigen Death | Puroresu System Wiki | Fandom

Then she was lost to Oedo Tai in an Elimination Match, which made her the sad clown eternally on her break, Fukigen Death. The chain is because she was supposed to be Konami's pet.

• Thanks 1

Yoneyama changed from katakana to hiragana. She is now Fukigen desu. Desu in hiragana basically means is. Katakana is for foreign words and desu is the closest Japanese can get to death. She is not death anymore, but English speaking fans/sites seem to have missed that. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ka-to said:

Yoneyama changed from katakana to hiragana. She is now Fukigen desu. Desu in hiragana basically means is. Katakana is for foreign words and desu is the closest Japanese can get to death. She is not death anymore, but English speaking fans/sites seem to have missed that. 

To be fair, the Stardom English twitter account still uses "Death" as her name so its not an issue of English speaking fans being confused/a mistranslation, since its the same name she used before the finer nuances aren't going to really resonate with Western fans. So we are just following their lead. Which I think Stardom has figured is fine anyway, probably 'close enough' to them.