DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

I think the one they are grooming for future ace is Miu, she's already so good.

I/m watching the TJPW show from last night right now and that Shoko Nakajima/Hyper Misao match had one moment toward the end where Shoko had a crazy gleam in her eye like she was going to jump from the ladder to the center of the ring to get the tiger... like up until she jumped I swear she was gonna try but then changed her mind last second.

James

Edited by J.H.
  • Like 1

Ok, loved the finish to Maki/Hikari. Maki busting out the Dean Malenko Driver to set-up the Itoh Clutch DX was super! Hikari being suer defiant atthe end, refusing Maki's handshake really sets some potential hate between them. Now on to Miyu/Mizuki, which already has me psyched because they used another Shakalabbits song for the hhype video ("Pobby to Dingan" no less)!!

James

Holy fuck was that Yamashita and Mizuki match good. That was fucking unreal. 

So, I parachuted into joshi really for the first time ever (except for like the super famous shit) in the last month. Been digging the fuck out of Stardom and Tokyo Joshi Pro. It's amazing how much better the work and atmosphere in the pandemic era both companies are compared to most of the male companies. 

• Like 1

What's up with that by the way? There was some cheering on the new year's eve RIZIN mma show and then I was watching some K1 on YouTube and the crowd is going wild during the main event of the December show. 

Another ex-AWG wrestler joined Stardom, Momo Kogho. Never seen her wrestle before.

Syuri relinquished the SWA belt to focus on defending the red. The belt isn't defunct according Sonny who runs the English twitter so I assume something happens with it later in the year.

Looks like MIRAI challenged Syuri for the red belt. No idea if the match actually happens.

Momo has new gear and music.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Another ex-AWG wrestler joined Stardom, Momo Kogho. Never seen her wrestle before.

Syuri relinquished the SWA belt to focus on defending the red. The belt isn't not defunct according Sonny who runs the English twitter so I assume something happens with it later in the year.

I got what I wanted? I'm booking Stardom?

awg-momo-kohgo.gif

• Haha 1

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
6 hours ago, Eivion said:

She spent a lot of time on Ice Ribbon's P's Party shows, and was on the CMLL tour that Tsukasa Fujimoto and Tsukushi Haruka were on.

She is, to be polite, greener than an unripe banana.

2 minutes ago, Stefanie the Human said:

She spent a lot of time on Ice Ribbon's P's Party shows, and was on the CMLL tour that Tsukasa Fujimoto and Tsukushi Haruka were on.

She is, to be polite, greener than an unripe banana.

Kind of surprised they brought in someone so green then since her time to work as rookie is almost up. Read she has Graves disease like Act Yasukawa did. Can she actually work a full schedule with that? 

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
12 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Kind of surprised they brought in someone so green then since her time to work as rookie is almost up. Read she has Graves disease like Act Yasukawa did. Can she actually work a full schedule with that? 

She kept a fairly consistent schedule in 2021, so possibly.