DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

The results off the Stardom 20 Best Matches of 2021 were kinda surprising, with Tam/Giulia vote #1 overUtami/Syuri. I love both matches mind you for different reasons. Tam popped up quite a bit in the top 20 so I'm happy (including 2 in the top 3)!

James

46 minutes ago, J.H. said:

The results off the Stardom 20 Best Matches of 2021 were kinda surprising, with Tam/Giulia vote #1 overUtami/Syuri. I love both matches mind you for different reasons. Tam popped up quite a bit in the top 20 so I'm happy (including 2 in the top 3)!

James

This doesn't surprise me. Tam/Giulia was the third best match in their series and not even really a top 20 choice for me, but it had a hair vs. hair stip. That adds a major memorable factor for fans that other matches lack.

I'm updating roster pages as I seem to have to do on a weekly basis, and when comparing to the official Ice Ribbon roster, just found one thing interesting:

https://iceribbon.com/fighter_list.php

They removed everyone that left as part of PROMINENCE (logical), but kept on Maya Yukihi as a "regular participant." I wasn't sure how things would shake out for Ice Ribbon and the PROMINENCE wrestlers but it seems to imply that Maya will still be in Ice Ribbon regularly as a Freelancer while the other wrestlers will not. None are on the 1/9 card so still too early to see how things will progress down the road, I guess we'll see if the split was as amicable as they presented if even as Freelancers they don't show up occasionally.

I'm still confused on how to handle the former Actwres roster page. I only cover wrestling, not theater (no MAKAI either) so I need to figure out who is staying, who is going, who is only doing theater, if they are secretly still doing wrestling and just not telling anyone, or whatever other options there are. I know some wrestlers already announced their intentions (retiring, going Freelance) so I just have to dive into it.

Actwres brands Beginning and Colors are dissolved, while Colors is being reborn as a separate independent promotion under SAKI.

The ActWres roster link below, they removed all the women who are done.

https://www.actwresgirlz.com/

The Japanese wiki entry has who withdrawed and who are staying behind. Momo Tana is with Pure J now. Ayumi Hayashi retired.

https://ja.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Actwres_girl'Z  Machine translating or cutting and pasting the wiki in translation sites can help.

Edited by D.Z
  • Like 2

I like the DDM additions. Never seen either wrestle before now, but am looking forward to seeing what they bring to Stardom.

C joining QQ was not surprising but a neat moment nonetheless. Not sure why but I've felt C was QQ bound for the longest time even with the hints of CA and DDM. I'm actually just a pinched disappointed since I wanted to see the whole Skytrees team continue. Maybe it happens again few years down the line.

The show was fun. Really dug the Oedo Tai six-women tags.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

Stardom Awards

Best Technique: Saya Kamitani
Fighting Spirit: Unagi Sayaka
Oustanding Performance: Syuri
SHINING Award (Fan Voted): Starlight Kid
Best Unit: Oedo Tai
Best Tag Team: Hazuki & Koguma
Best Match: Tam Nakano vs Giulia (March 3 Nippon Budokan)
Special Award: Mayu Iwatani
MVP: Utami Hayashishita

Starlight Kid to challenge for the Artist belts along with her pals Ruaka and Rina.
AZM vs Momo Watanabe singles match at the next Korakuen Hall show.

• Like 1

Feels like Syuri was more MVP than Utami though I suppose it makes sense to go with the one who was champ most of the year. MOMOAZ was the best tag team w/o question though they do like spreading those awards out.

After catching the show last time I'm super fine with Kokko Kaido & Rina challenging for the Artists belts. They all worked pretty well together and came across as one of the most natural teams on the roster.

AZM/Momo should be good as always. I'm just hoping they go for something more mean and/or violent than their usual match. 

• Like 1

I haven't found or read anything about news unifying the two Stardom World titles into something new. Probably both belts will be separate again later, when they can book more non natives again in Japan. 

If they create the IWGP Women title, it will probably be only defended on NJPW grounds rarely with Stardom women. Say for example Saya vs I dunno..Starlight Kitto on some future WK. A crossover gimmick belt.

Spoiler

Very happy and excited by the mystery DDM members reveal. Always enjoyed Thekla's work and weirdo energy(she would have been so much fun in Kagetsu's OT) and I thought Mirai had a world of potential watching her in TJPW. Would not be surprised to see a fracture in DDM down the road with Syuri forming her own unit.

2 hours ago, D.Z said:
  Hide contents

Giulia wants Mai to leave CA, honestly Waka should leave. Waka CAN'T DANCE!

Spoiler

I like Waka, but yes she should leave. Someone on the Stardom reddit mentioned that Koguma should just steal her one day and the next she is a part of STARS with no questions being asked. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1