DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

4 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

That's, like, your opinion man. I've seen big strides in three years and most consider her as having one of the best Joshi matches of 2021. Her presentation and confidence is notably different now than three years ago. I know a lot of older, crankier Joshi fans were salty with her push over legends like Jungle Kyona and Momo but Utami has proven that Stardom was right and she deserved it. They never had to stumble as she showed it was the right choice, they were right to keep going with it.

Were they? Can you really say others wouldn't have succeeded with the same push? Also as much as I love Kyona and Momo legends seems like a bit much, especially with Momo being younger than Utami. Also I'm not sure them not having to test her was a case of them simply being right. You have to keep in mind the buyout and PR from Bushiroad did a ton to push Stardom on its own. While I don't think just anyone per say could have succeeded I do think that made a hell of a lot easier for Utami's push to the top to work. 

3 hours ago, nofuture said:

We need more of this Momo.

Stardom always leaning into the Mean Girls taunts. I am still not feeling this angle, but it will be interesting to see what kind of change takes place with Momo in Oedo Tai. Does she fight it, or give into the darkside like SLK? A ruthless badass Momo clashing with QQ sets up some potentially great matches.

The stable swaps have always feel forced, but have worked out most times than not.  This feel like when Hazuki swapped to OT where it didn't seem like it would fit, but will probably help Momo in the long run.  She really hasn't changed much since joining QQ.

• Like 1

Not sure how Hazuki didn't feel like she would fit when she had basically been a heel or tweener throughout her entire career. Seemed like she would fit perfectly to me back then. I think if people are expecting some major badass change to Momo they are setting themselves up for disappointment. 

They did that probably the best way they could though I'm still not a fan unless it leads to this:

4 hours ago, J.H. said:

Well now I'm convinced Utami is retaining and losing to Momo in winter/soring (maybe even einning Cinderella to set it up)

James

The anniversary in Aichi would be the best place a time to strike while the iron is hot if that were the plan. 

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

I mean, Momo left QQ citing not being seen as the leader because of Utami. So she joins OT to become... what? #3?

Either way, this sets up Momo to possibly win Red Belt and then when Tora returns have divisions in OT

James

They're building up the Double Crown for Stardom in articles. We can ignore the more kayfabey news Tokyo Sports only does for Stardom (for some reason), so no Triple Crown.

Edited by D.Z