DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

Oh god Mizunami against Nakajima is going to kick a whole lot of butt.

I just caught the 13/10 SEAd show & Nakajima had a real good match with Hanako Nakamori, Masato Tanaka turned up & teamed with Yuu against Nanae Takahashi & Hiroyo Matsumoto, and there was an 8 woman Tag which featured Asuka & Yumiko Hotta continuing their rivalry in a very stiff & exciting fashion.

Been such a good promotion to watch this year.

Edited by Kropotkin's Beard
  • Like 2

Tam doesn't want to lose her white belt to the Eel Unagi, and went on talking about Eels. Said something about the belt becoming more about Love if Unagi wins.  She went on about her new diet for losing weight to gain more stamina.

The Hazuki WoS title match seems so left field that I'm convinced she is winning to set-up Syuri winning the title without Utami having to drop it to her... or is that crazy?

I mean there is 0 reason Hazuki should be challenging already

James

Makoto will star in her own movie. It was mentioned she was a hikikomori who got into WWE first, lots of modern Joshi are into WWE and/or men's wrestling and really don't know what AJW stands for.

16 hours ago, D.Z said:

Tam doesn't want to lose her white belt to the Eel Unagi, and went on talking about Eels. Said something about the belt becoming more about Love if Unagi wins.  She went on about her new diet for losing weight to gain more stamina.

Seems obvious that it will be Saya or Maika who Tam loses the belt to. This is just a first stage in Unagi's next chapter of trying to move her way up after losing the Future belt. Its just a question of how much Tam humbles her.

5 hours ago, J.H. said:

The Hazuki WoS title match seems so left field that I'm convinced she is winning to set-up Syuri winning the title without Utami having to drop it to her... or is that crazy?

I mean there is 0 reason Hazuki should be challenging already

James

Seems obvious its happening due to them booking too many big cards that need title matches, and Utami having gone through most of the upper levels of the roster sans Giulia. Hazuki is a fresh face having been gone for a while, and it seems like they are pushing that she is in that upper range. 

3 hours ago, D.Z said:

Makoto will star in her own movie. It was mentioned she was a hikikomori who got into WWE first, lots of modern Joshi are into WWE and/or men's wrestling and really don't know what AJW stands for.

And now a reminder that Hazuki's favorite wrestler is/was Kelly Kelly at one point. If I recall many got into it via DG and NJPW. Giulia is one of the few who I've seeb mention AJW. Even she I think got into it only after starting her wrestling career.

• Like 1

Spoiler

Tam retained. Seems Mina vs Tam for the white belt is next.

Utami retained. Utami vs Maika for the red belt is next.

Slk retained. She wanted Momo to join O.T

Syuri retained and defended her certiface of title.

Spoiler

Mysterious mask person

20211103-STARDOM-0b-jpg-pagespeed-ce-E8c

9 minutes ago, D.Z said:
  Hide contents

Tam retained. Seems Mina vs Tam for the white belt is next.

Utami retained. Utami vs Maika for the red belt is next.

Slk retained. She wanted Momo to join O.T

Syuri retained and defended her certiface of title.

Hide contents

Mysterious mask person

20211103-STARDOM-0b-jpg-pagespeed-ce-E8c

SABU!

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, J.H. said:

I hope SLK being a catty bitch about Momo's weight leads full out faction war!

James

Apparently she tried to get her to join Oedo Tai after their match. Its interesting how Momo has gotten two offers to join other factions this year while leading her own faction. Wonder if they actually have it lead to anything.

More

Spoiler

Koguma vs Slk for the High Speed belt is next. Bear vs Cat.

Mai & Waka challenged for the Future belt Ruaku retained.

2022 ("11TH ANNIVERSARY NAGOYA SUPREME FIGHT 2022") was announced for Jan 29th, 2022 for the Aichi Prefectural Gymnasium.

Edited by D.Z
  • Like 1

Momo is the de facto Paulie Walnuts to Utami's Tony Soprano, what with Utami having the Red Belt and legit media presence. Momo is all wrong for OT Maybe the next year can be spent building her to finally win a tourney  for serious challenge for the Red Belt, regardless who holds it.  

James

7 hours ago, nofuture said:

For some reason, I get the feeling that the masked assailant is going to end up being a prank for Stardom's new SamuraiTV show and is leading nowhere.

That would be an odd choice. Seems unlikely with Ogawa mentioning others wanting to join Stardom back in September.

6 hours ago, J.H. said:

Momo is the de facto Paulie Walnuts to Utami's Tony Soprano, what with Utami having the Red Belt and legit media presence. Momo is all wrong for OT Maybe the next year can be spent building her to finally win a tourney  for serious challenge for the Red Belt, regardless who holds it.  

James

I would loved to see Momo take the GP and belt, but it just feels so unlikely with Maika, Saya, and Unagi getting built up.

6 minutes ago, D.Z said:

Hazuki joined Stars.

BOOOO!!!

I'm so disappointed by this news. If anyone had perfected being a total bratty bitch it was Hazuki. I guess we have to see how SLK develops in this regard. She's already attacked Momo's weight. What's next? Mayu's hair? AZM's weird EVA inspired ring gear? Lady C's ring name? Rossy's taste in hats?

Only time will tell...

James