DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

3 hours ago, Hagan said:

Signed up for that Wrestle Universe deal. Anything from Tokyo Joshi Pro that is essential watching. 

Plan on subscribing to Stardom after G1 and catching up on the major matches. 

I'm not the biggest TJPW fan in the world but I'd say that to date Wrestle Princess from last year is their best show to date, the main event Princess of Princess title match is probably the best match in company history (Yuka Sakazaki vs her tag team partner Mizuki), there's also a tag match with Aja Kong & Miyu Yamashita vs Sareee & Maki Itoh which I really liked. The semi-final of this year's Tokyo Princess Cup of Maki Itoh vs Mizuki is Maki Itoh's best match to date, & the final with Itoh & Shoko Nakajima is also really good. Rika Tatsumi vs Miyu Yamashita from Yes Wonderland 2021 is my top TJPW match this year. Also worth going to the Yes Wonderland 2018 show both for the the Rika vs Miyu match from that show & also Jun Kasai vs Hyper Misao in a "Eat A Bag of Chocolate Or Fall Count Is Disabled, Falls Count Anywhere Match" which is a good example of the comedy stuff they do. And from Yes Wonderland 2021 the Princess Tag Team Title match between Sakisama & Mei Saint-Michel (a pair with an uncanny but purely coincidental resemblance for DDT's Saki Akai & Gatoh Move's Mei Suruga) & Mirai Maiume & Suzume

There was a hardcore match between Up Up Girl Hikari Noa & Rina Yamashita from April 1st this year that's really good but I'm a big Rina fan.

I'm not sure what has been uploaded from the archives to the new Wrestle Universe so I've mostly stuck to recommendations from the last couple of years.

• Like 2

Stardom

Spoiler

Blonde Mayu wowowow.

Hazuki challenged Utami.
Unagi challenged Tam for the white title.
Syuri nominated AZM to fight for the SWA title.
Hazuki & Koguma are tagging now.
Ruaka vs Lady C for the Future of Stardom Title.

18 hours ago, D.Z said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I didn't think Maki was gonna win anyways.

News for TJPW

WRESTLE PRINCESS III, October 9th, 2022 at Tokyo Dome City Hall.
GRAND PRINCESS 2022 at Sumo Hall, March 19th, 2022.

I'm glad companies are running more at Tokyo Dome City Hall, it seems a real neat venue.

• Like 1

I am finally all caught up on the 5☆GP, ready for whenever this weekend's show makes it to World.

Got to say that I loved the top of that final show, the last 2 Block matches and the finals were all extremely good, with Syuri vs Takumi Iroha ending up the best match of the entire tournament.

Syuri was the absolute star of the tournament, the only match of hers I couldn't get into was the Ruaka match, and it was still Ruaka's best match.

• Like 1

Watched Stardom Osaka Dream Cinderella and it was a helluva show. Standouts were the Wonder, World and Artist title matches. Phenomenal stuff.

I also absolutely loved seeing Hazuki back in a Stardom ring. Chigusa Nagayo getting emotional following her match with Koguma just added to that feeling. 

From Purolove

World Wonder Ring Stardom - "11TH GODDESSES OF STARDOM TAG LEAGUE"

Red Goddesses:
- Utami Hayashishita & Saya Kamitani (AphroditE)
- Himeka & Natsupoi (Himepoi '21)
- Hazuki & Koguma (FWC)
- Unagi Sayaka & Mai Sakurai (You're Unagi, you're Pan)
- Saki Kashima & Fukigen Death★
- Hanan & Rina

Blue Goddesses:
- Momo Watanabe & AZM (MOMOAZ)
- Syuri & Maika (Ponytail and Bushido)
- Tam Nakano & Mina Shirakawa (DREAM H)
- Mayu Iwatani & Rin Kadokura 
- Starlight Kid & Ruaka (Kokko Kaido)
- Lady C & Waka Tsukiyama (C Moon)

Glad to see Dream H having a 2nd go round this year but I'm pulling for HimePoi'21. I keep forgetting Saki is Odeo Tai for some reason, like I thought she was QQ but that was never the case. I think I kept getting her and Saya mixed up even though they are nothing alike. With Giulia till out Ialos like the idea of Maik and Syuri going far

James

I would have preferred Rina teaming with Saki. Wonder where Konami would have ben had she been healthy enough. I think Ruaka would have still worked the tournament so maybe Fukigen would have been the odd Oedo Tai member out.

Pulling for MOMOAZ repeat victory though I think this is FWC's tournament to lose.

• Like 1

If you look at the recent Kakutolog questionnaires, Stardom is the one mostly getting more engagement than the following listed promotions.. New Japan, NOAH and All Japan.

Kakutolog years ago used to be the Shooter/MMA/online hardcore fan/insider site. Interesting their fans switched to liking Stardom instead.

On 10/11/2021 at 10:42 AM, quackhell said:

Watched Stardom Osaka Dream Cinderella and it was a helluva show. Standouts were the Wonder, World and Artist title matches. Phenomenal stuff.

I also absolutely loved seeing Hazuki back in a Stardom ring. Chigusa Nagayo getting emotional following her match with Koguma just added to that feeling. 

Agreed with all this. Hayashishita vs Iroha probably my match of the night but those 3 were the standouts.

Some slightly odd reactions to Tam vs Mayu though, people seemingly mad that this was the middle chapter of their rivalry instead of the end. I dunno, wrestling fans can be odd.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, nofuture said:

If I were guess, I think Kyona would show up to wrestle in Seadlinnng. 

While I will always be sad that Kyona didn't come back to Stardom I am excited to see where her career goes. SEAdLINNNG would be a fine first step for that journey.

1 hour ago, quackhell said:

While I will always be sad that Kyona didn't come back to Stardom I am excited to see where her career goes. SEAdLINNNG would be a fine first step for that journey.

So where are the Seadlinnng guesses coming from? I don't think Kyona ever trained with Nanae so she doesn't really have any connections there. AWG/ARG has been the place most former Stardom wrestlers with injury issues have shown up. Marvelous is another option that feels more likely with Kyona probably having met Chigusa multiple times over the years. Has Kyona actually dropped hints towards where?

Edited by Eivion