DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

Come off some pretty serious injuries, I don't know if full time in the US would be very likely.  I can see her freelance in Japan on a lesser schedule than what Stardom is currently doing.  It really depends on if her leaving was her choice or the company not picking up her contract.

12 minutes ago, D.Z said:

Stars is now down to 4 women.

They removed Sumire off the Oedo Tai section and the roster page. Hmmm.

She is still recuperating from her injury, right? I hope she returns to another group and doesn't retire. She's not a great worker by any stretch in the traditional sense but she's funny and has good presence. 

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

I adore Jungle Kyona, she was my favorite of the Stardom roster, so I hope that she's doing okay. The last 18 months or so has been a really difficult stretch for her, with her heath and I imagine the stress of Hana Kimura's passing taking its toll on her. If she's not able to maintain Stardom's schedule, I can't say I blame her. Maybe freelance would be a better option.

As much as I like watching her, I hope she's healthy and happy above all else.

51 minutes ago, D.Z said:

Stars is now down to 4 women.

They removed Sumire off the Oedo Tai section and the roster page. 

STARS is Mayu, Hanan, & Koguma. With Kyona gone it should be down to those 3. Who is the fourth?

Edit: Never mind. Just remembered Iida. Main do they need more active members.

Not surprised about Sumire. People have been noting that her interest in wrestling has been down during her recovery, and she mentioned not being sure if she would return. I figured Stardom was out at the very least due to its schedule.

Edited by Eivion

TJPW WP

Rika Tatsumi is back and Mahiro Kiryu is cleared from her neck injury to wrestle again.  Ram Kaicho from Triple Six will make her TJPW debut.

From dramaticddt.wordpress

TOKYO JOSHI PRO “WRESTLE PRINCESS II”, 09/10/2021
Tokyo Ota Ward Gymnasium

1. Raku, Pom Harajuku & Ram Kaicho Vs Haruna Neko, Mahiro Kiryu & Kaya Toribami
2. 3 Way Match: Rika Tatsumi Vs Hyper Misao Vs Nodoka Tenma
3. Yuki Kamifuku & Asuka Vs Nao Kakuta & Marika Kobashi
4. Riho & Shoko Nakajima Vs Suzume & Arisu Endo
5. Special Tag Match: Aja Kong & Moka Miyamoto Vs Miu Watanabe & Yuki Arai
6. International Princess Title: Hikari Noa (c) Vs Yuki Aino
7. Princess Tag Team Titles: Sakisama & Mei Saint-Michel (c) Vs Yuka Sakazaki & Mizuki
8. Princess Of Princess Title: Miyu Yamashita (c) Vs Maki Itoh

Edited by D.Z

I hate to see Kyona leave Stardom as she was one of my favorites and I was really looking forward to her return. I hope she is able to continue her career and be healthy and happy. 

The Sumrie news isn't too surprising as it just seemed like more than the injury was keeping her away. 

Stardom very much changed from Indy to Women's version of sorta NJPW.  Still number 1 for Women in Japan though. 

If they create the sub-brand, one of the women on the roster will have to be that brands Ace. Makes me think Tall Saya for that unnamed brand tbh, Giulia for Stardom.

Kidani wanted more brands, well male brands but seems that idea is for the women now.

Edited by D.Z

Honestly, not digging the idea of sub brands. Feels like something that Kidani wants mostly so Bushiroad can still do an IWGP Women's belt they talked about years ago. I suppose it could work if Stardom gets a good 50 or so people on the roster, but otherwise it just doesn't feel like a good idea.

Saw on reddit that Kyona did a radio show appearance in Nagoya. Apparently she is working fulltime at an advertising agency. Stardom helped her get the job. And she wants run a self-produced show in Nagoya. 

Edited by Eivion

I am so far behind on my Stardom watching. Only on Night 11 of the 5☆GP, the number of dates on this tour and my stupid desire to watch it all has really helped me fall behind on pretty much everything I watch except SEAdLINNNG. 

But so far I'd say the standout matches are Iroha vs Nakano, Iwatani vs Watanabe, Maika vs Syuri & Syuri vs Hayashishita.

Kyona leaving Stardom before her return is a shock, but to hear that she is possibly taking on the role of producing her own shows is exciting. Hasn't been much of that in recent yrs. Still hope a venture into the US is open. She could definitely work lighter and extend her career a few more yrs.