DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

The nearfall exchange in Poi v. SLK was fun and SLK using that kneeling pikedriver to set-up her Tiger Suplex was nasty. SLK had to win the High Speed after losing her White Belt challenge.

Poor Himeka, last she was a finalist and this year she sits at 0 points and lost to Fukigen Death. We still have Utami/Syuri III to look forward to in Blue Corner

James

2 hours ago, J.H. said:

The nearfall exchange in Poi v. SLK was fun and SLK using that kneeling pikedriver to set-up her Tiger Suplex was nasty. SLK had to win the High Speed after losing her White Belt challenge.

It wasn't even a setup. She straight up pulled Natsupoi's head up to emphasize she could have won with it. I agree that Kid needed something with all the momentum she has been gaining with the heel turn. Mayu talked about maybe challenging for the belt after one of the earlier GP shows so I can see a big title match between them in the next couple of months.

2 hours ago, J.H. said:

Poor Himeka, last she was a finalist and this year she sits at 0 points and lost to Fukigen Death. We still have Utami/Syuri III to look forward to in Blue Corner

I mean she is only two matches in. Utami/Syuri falls on birthday. It should be good, but I'm honestly more interested in Konami/Iroha.

25 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I mean she is only two matches in. Utami/Syuri falls on birthday. It should be good, but I'm honestly more interested in Konami/Iroha.

I keep forgetting she was starting late due to injury. I love Himeka and feel she is saddled with most woeful of monikers. I hope Iroha/Konami is the Tenryu/Hashimoto G1 98 of this tourney i.e. they better stiff the hell outta each other

James

Spoiler

Not sure what unit Hazuki will join.  Stars? Independent?

Her one name fits with DDM. Her body fits in with Cosmic Angels.

Tora already bashed her on twitter.

Edited by D.Z

39 minutes ago, J.H. said:

I keep forgetting she was starting late due to injury. I love Himeka and feel she is saddled with most woeful of monikers. I hope Iroha/Konami is the Tenryu/Hashimoto G1 98 of this tourney i.e. they better stiff the hell outta each other

James

Jumbo Princess isn't a bad moniker. I do wish they would push her a little stronger. I think she is one of the more charismatic members of DDM possibly the most though at this point Syuri has to take it it for personality.

Konami isn't normally a stiff striker though I have few issues with that changing for that match. Honestly thinking of this mostly makes me sad Momo and Iroha aren't in the same block.

15 minutes ago, D.Z said:
  Hide contents

Not sure what unit Hazuki will join.  Stars? Independent?

Her one name fits with DDM. Her body fits in with Cosmic Angels.

Tora already bashed her on twitter.

I'm thinking independent at the start, but eventually she joins STARS. Oedo Tai could use a higher tier wrestler, but STARS is down to 3 active members at the moment. That needs to change sooner than later and all hints of Lady C say she goes to DDM or CA.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, J.H. said:

James

I am stunned Fukigen Death has yet to work for AEW as if she showed up on a live event she would tear the house down like Maki Itoh did. 

15 hours ago, sabremike said:

I am stunned Fukigen Death has yet to work for AEW as if she showed up on a live event she would tear the house down like Maki Itoh did. 

Well the gimmick Stardom's so unless they form a relationship Fukigen Death probably wouldn't show up in AEW. That said, its Yoneyama she could easily show up as herself or as anything and probably be successful. 

7 hours ago, Eivion said:

Well the gimmick Stardom's so unless they form a relationship Fukigen Death probably wouldn't show up in AEW. That said, its Yoneyama she could easily show up as herself or as anything and probably be successful. 

Not knowing all the politics but given that they are owned by the same people who own NJPW I would think that could be done.

2 minutes ago, D.Z said:

Stardom has isolated itself from westerners and their promotions.

AEW is with TJPW.

Well... WWE and COVID had more to do with that than anything else. It ain't like Rossy is anti-Foreugner. Brother loves him some Lou Graham!

10 minutes ago, kenyabaxterZXW said:

Mikoto Shindo (20), Mei Hoshizuki (19) and Hibiki (22) have resigned from Marvelous.

I wonder what's going on.

Part of me laments nobody photoshopping Rossy onto the Cody gif but another part isn't entirely sure where Hibiki would fit into the Stardom picture if it were as clean-cut as that. But seeing as practially every other joshi fed besides Tokyo Joshi is one big network in itself I can't imagine them going anywhere else. Or maybe my brain just isn't cut out for this kind of news this early in the day

Will throw a fifty dollar bill into the church collection basket for Saya Iida and Hibiki beating the heck out of each other, however. Just one victory and I'm on my way

Edited by Men Dying Slow

8 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I don't watch much outside of Stardom, but just looking at results isn't Hibiki likely to just freelance and stick with Miyagi?

GLEAT poaching talent I wasn't ready for.

• Like 1