DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

Really enjoyed the show. Was shocked by Bea's announcement and hate that she is leaving. I don't watch WWE or AEW so she will effectively just disappear into wresting limbo for me. It will be interesting to see Yoneyama's Fukigen Death look and mannerisms. I thought Mina and Natsupoi brought the goods in their matches proving they can hang with two of Stardom's best in Momo and Tam. Wasn't a fan of Utami not being the main and if they take the belt off her early, even if it is to someone worthy like Syuri or Giulia, it will be disappointing.

53 minutes ago, quackhell said:

Really enjoyed the show. Was shocked by Bea's announcement and hate that she is leaving. I don't watch WWE or AEW so she will effectively just disappear into wresting limbo for me. It will be interesting to see Yoneyama's Fukigen Death look and mannerisms. I thought Mina and Natsupoi brought the goods in their matches proving they can hang with two of Stardom's best in Momo and Tam. Wasn't a fan of Utami not being the main and if they take the belt off her early, even if it is to someone worthy like Syuri or Giulia, it will be disappointing.

I don't really feel it would be too early. Its been six months, Utami isn't really ready for a long reign, and Giulia is the real ace.

How was the Goddess titles match and STARS vs. Oedo Tai?

7 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I don't really feel it would be too early. Its been six months, Utami isn't really ready for a long reign, and Giulia is the real ace.

How was the Goddess titles match and STARS vs. Oedo Tai?

I just prefer long reigns  for the Red belt and have zero problem with Utami as a strong champion. To me Giulia is still kind of rebuilding herself after losing the White belt and her hair. Guess time will tell.

Quibbles with it's card placement aside I thought the DDM battle for the Goddess belts was excellent. Lot of aggression for an inter unit match and everyone really brought it. 

Stars vs OT was a lot of fun with constant chaotic action and the fallout will be interesting to see. Mayu just keeps facing set back after set back. Saya Iida looked like she might have injured her knee, but I really hope that isn't the case. Love me some Gori-chan.

• Like 1

Hokuto called Giulia a "Dangerous Queen" a while back at the Budokan show,  so Giulia used the Northern Lights Bomb technique in the recent Stardom Goddess tag title match.

Giulia declared they will be the number one tag team in the world. Maybe might have more Goddess tag title main events over the other titles for now. Or maybe not.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Thought overall it was a great show with an really good main event tag.  Felt that this show was an overall better show then the Budokan show just because everything was given time.  Feels like they're not quite ready have Giulia go for the red belt, but want her main eventing shows since she draws, so they gave her the tag titles as a way to keep her in the mix.

With Bea leaving, it's going to be a little weird not having any gaijin in the mix for the foreseeable future.  Sucks that both Hayter and Moth Session are stuck in the UK.  Hayter especially can add some depth to OT.

• Like 2

Finally saw Yokohama Budokan. Tam/Natsupoi was wonderful. There was a lot emotion in that one. Was neat seeing Natsupoi wear a modified version of Kairi's gear for her first major belt challenge.

• Like 2

Sendai Girls:

Chihiro Hashimoto will inherit Buzz Sawyers Murder Technique The PowerSlam. 

Stardom:

Utami wants to win the Cinderella and nominate Syuri, while Syuri is vice versa. Syuri said she wants to raise the value of the Red belt, with strength plus alpha.

TJPW:

Maki Itoh aims to becomes the top star of Joshi if she beats Rika the POP Champ.

Edited by D.Z
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, D.Z said:

Utami wants to win the Cinderella and nominate Syuri, while Syuri is vice versa. Syuri said she wants to raise the value of the Red belt, with strength plus alpha.

After watching Yokohama its obvious the tournament going to one of them. It disappoints a bit me since I was hoping for someone lower on the ladder. With this though it does feel like you can predict who wins the actual title match based on who wins the tournament. 

I know in ring wrestling talent isn't the most important thing, especially in TJPW, but Maki Itoh as the POP holder just doesn't feel right to me. Not that I dislike Maki, far from it, but I guess I am more traditional when it comes to who holds the top title in a company.

Not sure if Maki will win, her character is more on the "never give up even if never winning the top title" spectrum in TJPW. But it's also Reiwa era so who knows what happens.

For Stardom, possible the next Red title defense is under the Goddess Tags again.

Maki's whole deal is about overcoming past failures. If she doesn't win this time she'll have another opportunity. Her match with Miyu showed she can step her game up and have a good serious match. Now she just needs to have that kind of match with someone besides Miyu.

James

50 minutes ago, quackhell said:

I know in ring wrestling talent isn't the most important thing, especially in TJPW, but Maki Itoh as the POP holder just doesn't feel right to me. Not that I dislike Maki, far from it, but I guess I am more traditional when it comes to who holds the top title in a company.

If Maki were to win the POP title, it should be from Miyu to complete her story arc.  I totally understand why they'd put the title on Maki now to capitalize on her AEW appearance, but it somewhat undercuts what they've spent years building.