DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

Finally finished the Budokan show. I was worried with the matches being short, but the show mostly delivered. Most of the matches could have used 5 more minutes, but they made the most out of what they had.

Thought Mayu/Yoshiko was probably the best match though it was disappointing in that it wasn't something more epic.

Syuri/Konami was the best Konami has looked in over a year. The two meshed well together and delivered something different from Stardom's norm with it being so submission focused.

Momo/Nanae was pretty good though the result still pisses me off since it will likely lead to nowhere for Momo.

Utami/Saya was good, but I never thought it would be bad. They did well having Saya take most of the match while still treating Utami as above her. Stillwasn;t quite the match you want for the World title on their biggest show ever.

Tam/Giulia was good though not as good as their match form last September. The post match segment was solid and did its job in making Giulia look good/cool.

Figured that was happening when I saw people talking about her intentions to make an announcement yesterday. I'm guessing she wanted to make sure she worked the Budokan match with Mayu before taking the time she needed off. Does make me wonder if she was always supposed to lose the Budokan match.

Apparently whichever promotion wins each belt will keep them.

1 hour ago, Jiji said:

Did I see Meiko is wrestling Dash at an upcoming Sendai show? I hope she is sticking around for a while now.

The match happened yesterday. I assume she will be around for the GAEAISM.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

If it means Kaori returns to being Death Yama-san then hell yeah! I doubt Iida turns and we aren't ready for Evil Starlight Kid. The other option is that Mayu loses and is forced to join Odeo Tai and in turn all of OT just abuse her and treat like a rookie, hell make her Ruaka's second. 

It would make even less sense than Tomoko Watanabe joining Black Joker!

James

On 3/7/2021 at 9:29 PM, DEAN said:

Where has Yuu been?

On 3/7/2021 at 9:40 PM, Eivion said:

Can't remember specifics since it has been a few months now, but she is taking time off to heal up from injuries IF I recall correctly.

Update on this, she's returning on OZ Academy's 4/4 Korakuen.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ramo2653 said:

Any particular reason why Jaime Hayter isn't back in Stardom with Bea? Is Stardom just limiting the number of people they fly in(which makes perfect sense) or is it something else?

Hayter isn't contracted to the company. Bea is. They can't really bring Hayter back until they can start bringing gaijin back in regularly.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Hacked. They're working on getting it back but twitter sucks.

They better straighten it out.  I need to know whose chin is being eaten next.

UPDATE: a message from Maki Ito.