DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

Her run this year was better than her run in 2019. They never really did much with her though due to her being AEW associated. They either felt they need to protect her due to her being an AEW talent or Riho herself decided she wasn't taking falls because of it. Either way it made little sense to keep using her long term with that as an issue. They dropped Hiroyo Matsumoto as a regular for the same reasons a few years back.

Looks like Giulia/Natsuko will be a No Rules match.  Seems like if Giulia was dropping the title, would be the most logical way of her doing it without taking a clean lose. But seeing how the Budokan show is shaping up, I don't think she's dropping it here.

Guilia is losing clean when it happens unless they suddenly think there is money in any of Oedo Tai as champs. Feels like the logical conclusion to Guilia's reign is losing the belt to Tam at Budokan. its the only way the Cosmic Angels stuff really makes sense.

Stardom are using Tam more for media appearances for tv shows and increased key exposure on posters.

But I have read some articles while back that mentioned Giulia wants to make the White belt bigger than the Red belt.

• 2 weeks later...
Spoiler

Saya challenging Utami is some ridiculous bs, but I'm less surprised with Maika having just challenged. With that it does feel like Kairi probably won't be on the show then. Only Kairi/Utami and Giulia/Utami made sense as red belt matches going into Budokan.

Edited by Eivion

Doesn't seem to be very clear if that red belt match is actually taking place at the Budokan or just that's Utami's next title defense.  Stardom does have 2 back to back Korakuen shows next month.  I just can't see them doing that match at Budokan.

Tokyo Sports confirmed 

Spoiler

Utami vs Saya at the budokan

Other news, Stardom changed their ring canvas. And new suits.

Black, white, gold are the colors of Stardom now. With pink de-emphasized.

Edited by D.Z