DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

I doubt Tam breaks off from STARS as much as she just creates a special team within it. STARS would be too weak without Tam as second. Been liking what I have seen of Mina so far. Anyone know if Unagi is any good? Kind of hoping the general theory about her coming in is wrong and that its someone like Reika Saiki, but I know better.

Rina joining OT was only a matter of time. I'm just curious if she switches out to new gear or one of Hana's old OT gears.

Syuri also threw down a challenge to Bea for a singles match. Not sure if the SWA belt ends up on the line. Their interaction in the DDM vs. OT tag was pretty nice so i'm looking forward to this.

I've seen a few of matches Unagi has had since coming back from injury and she's pretty green and rough, towards the bottom of the card in Stardom.  Mina is definitely a more refined worker than her.  I get the feeling she there to fill out the idol side of the roster.

Another wrestler will debut besides ZZ (Unagi), Lady C the new tall rookie. She's 5 foot 9 or so.

On twitter seems Rina's new gear looks like dark version of her old Hana inspired gear. Or could just be mock up.

On 10/29/2020 at 4:38 AM, nofuture said:

Sareee continues her (2nd) leaving Japan tour with a stop in TJPW.  Stardom seems like the only promotion left for her to have a match in.

so then Mayu vs Sareee at the Year End Climax show?

Edited by Cleavy

They are having a big show in Osaka before Year End Climax. I think this year's Year End Climax is supposed to be used as build for the 10 year anniversary show. I wouldn't be shocked if Osaka is the last red belt defense for the year.

Kts always nice when Takako Inoue updates her Facebook because there are a lot of pics of her and Kyoko hanging out together and it does my heart good that they are legit best buds after all these years!

James

• Like 1

I was at Kyoko's old bar one night when Takako randomly showed up with her tiny 5 lb. dog in her arms. Takako was very friendly yet chill. Kyoko is always super genki, never chill. Of course it was a fun night. At the time I think that the NEO girls were kept alive by all of the drinks being bought for them at that place. Wrestlers drinks were 1000 yen and I'm sure that Kyoko gave them a cut.

• Like 2

Unagi debuted for Stardom.  Seems Tam new faction is Cosmic Angels and a sub unit in Stardom Army.

Oedo Tai won the Artist of Stardom titles.

Those Stardom tag Goddess rings will have replicas you can buy.

Edited by D.Z

I was thinking Cosmic Angels could split off from Stars, but if they're going with them being a sub-unit, that pretty much accomplishes the same thing while keeping Star's numbers strong when they need them to.

Bushiroad has been pretty calculated in who they're signing.  They're gone with the 3 ring circus approach of getting a mix of workers and idols to fill out the roster.

• Like 2

Merchandise sales & subscription revenue increased this year for Stardom.

Rossy said it's important to make more new stars and not always focus so much on homegrown talent but both and all.

More big shows in bigger venues planned, 17 Korakuen Hall shows next year. Big 10 years show in March with past, present, future Joshi stars.

Spoiler

Was wondering if they might bend the rules a bit so either Syuri or Giulia could be SWA champs. 

Utami had a good chance of winning going in, but it kind of became a certainty once the anniversary show was moved. No way they were keepign the belt on Mayu that long as she has exhausted most of her fresh challengers already.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, D.Z said:

Rina and Hanan are taking a break from wrestling.

Hina as well. All three sisters are out due to family issues of some sort. Hopefully its nothing too serious.

Edited by Eivion