DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

There was an article where Giuila said she lost two of her rivals.  Giulia later vowed to be the main ace.

Still Bushiroad was using those previous 4 on stuff,  media, posters, etc.  Rossy and Bushiroad wants to push Giuila eventually to the moon, its quite obvious to me.  And multiple aces lot more like NJPW and other promotions.

Tam and Jungle and Momo and Konami seems forever never wear red belt. But we will see what happens....

Edited by D.Z

I think age is always a factor with who Stardom is going to push.  Mayu is their biggest star and homegrown, but Jungle and Tam just seem like they're going to be the eternal bridesmaids that are there to put over other talent.  Giulia is definitely going to be pushed hard as the #2 face of the promotion next to Mayu. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Sadly that one doesn't surprise me. They are probably too afraid to fight against a tv company.

It's also probably because a lot of companies still don't give a shit about female employees.

And I'm not surprised either.  And actually nothing any Japanese company does shocks me these days since the Maho Yamaguchi assault incident last year.

And speaking of Fuji TV: Fuji TV had deal with "Terrace House" cast on how scenes played out

Edited by dogwelder
  • Like 2

Giula was set to challenge Arisa at the cancelled Ota Ward show so it makes sense that she wants the belt. So does Natsuko, Konami, and Arisa's former partner in Tam. All but Konami have legit reasons with Arisa having set up matches with three of them. Looks like a tournament at Korakuen is likely to be where things are settled.

Kyona/Mayu is happening at Nagoya. Its another previously cancelled match. Should also be their first singles so it should be good.

Giula/DDM have been in every main event since the shows have started up again.  She's definitely getting the rocket strap.  I assume they put Konami in there because they need a fourth and need someone from each faction, although that pretty much leaves QQ/Momo out doing nothing.  Then again, I think she challenges whoever wins between Mayu and Kyona.

I'm not sure who wins the Red Belt match.  Seems early to take the belt off Mayu, but having Kyona lose another title match in her hometown seems bad too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J.H. said:

Huh... I really thought they'd have Kyone win the 5*GP first to give her the "Summer of Chono" win to set-up the title match. Weird...

James

This was honestly what I was hoping for, but it is not to be sadly.

1 hour ago, nofuture said:

Giula/DDM have been in every main event since the shows have started up again.  She's definitely getting the rocket strap.  I assume they put Konami in there because they need a fourth and need someone from each faction, although that pretty much leaves QQ/Momo out doing nothing.  Then again, I think she challenges whoever wins between Mayu and Kyona.

I wouldn't assume that so strongly yet. In general Giulia is more or less on the path she was before. I can see the tournament going either way in being her first singles loss or singles title win. I kind of suspect DDM will lose the Artists belts to give Oedo Tai something to do and so a different version with Himeka in it can eventually take the belts back.

QQ's situation is kind of odd. They were clearly building Utami and Kamitami as a big tag team to take the belts off of Bea & Hayter, but with those two likely gone until next year who knows when that will actually happen. Momo kind of has nothing to do, and I'm not sure there was much in the way of plans for her even before this. A natural feud for her would have been Bea. Unless Kyona wins the belt I don't see Momo being the next challenger for the red belt as she hasn't really done anything worthwhile to make sense of her challenging Mayu again. I kind of suspect Syuri will be next. There is also still Takumi who holds a victory over Mayu from March.

1 hour ago, nofuture said:

I'm not sure who wins the Red Belt match.  Seems early to take the belt off Mayu, but having Kyona lose another title match in her hometown seems bad too.

Its a first time match, and Kyona doesn't really have the momentum going in. They can go with Kyona winning, but I don't really see a reason to end Mayu's run as ace with a loss here. There is more story in Kyona losing and winning a rematch later.

Edited by Eivion

8 hours ago, J.H. said:

I think with how aggressive Giulia is being we are getting Tam winning the tourney in dramatic fashion. Or, it is entirely possible, I'm an idiot

James

This what I'm honestly hoping to see. They can have Guilia take it in a rematch at the 10 year anniversary show in January.