DVDVR Message Board

UFC 191: Johnson vs. Dodson II (9/5/2015) - Las Vegas, NV (MGM Grand Garden Arena)

Elsalvajeloco

What really gets me about that Arlovski vs. Mir is just those moments when they are standing in the middle of the Octagon and not moving at all.  Mir was literally standing right in front of Arlovski with his hands down and not moving at all.

Abysmal.  

Also, Paige VanZant is a star.  Don't rush her to a title fight right now.  Let her gradually work her way up.  It's too early for her to challenge someone like Joanna anyway.

What really gets me about that Arlovski vs. Mir is just those moments when they are standing in the middle of the Octagon and not moving at all.  Mir was literally standing right in front of Arlovski with his hands down and not moving at all.

Abysmal.  

Also, Paige VanZant is a star.  Don't rush her to a title fight right now.  Let her gradually work her way up.  It's too early for her to challenge someone like Joanna anyway.

There are certain heavyweights that I believe should be around 260-265 at the weigh-ins. Frank Mir is not one of them.

Don't worry. Paige VanZant is probably going to fight another TUF 20 alum. It will not turn out well for them just like Herrig and Chambers.

• Like 1

Of all the Pro-Wrestling techniques that could work in MMA, the Zybsco stall isn't one of them. But Frank Mir thinks it is. Haven't watched the prelims yet, but the main card was really boring after the first match.

EDIT: OK, the prelims were much better. 

Was Lineker-Rivera the shortest Fight ever to get the Fight of the Night bonus?

It may be the second shortest. I believe the first is Cerrone-Guillard at UFC 150, which clocked in at 76 seconds.

Was Lineker-Rivera the shortest Fight ever to get the Fight of the Night bonus?

It may be the second shortest. I believe the first is Cerrone-Guillard at UFC 150, which clocked in at 76 seconds.

Cerrone vs. Guillard was the one I was also going to say as the shortest.

• Like 1

Checking through the last two years or so, a vast majority of the bouts awarded FOTN go to at least the final minute of round two. There are a select few that end in the last minute of round 1 or within the first 90 seconds of round 2.

I'm pretty sure that there are sub three minute bouts that could've been fight of the night, but were overshadowed by a subsequent, longer bout on the card with more sustained action. Either that or it included two name fighters who had more crowd reaction, which definitely is a factor. Anyway, I don't think there was going to be anything overshadowing Rivera vs. Lineker.