DVDVR Message Board

The Odd & Unusual Covers Thread

ArtVanderlay

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

The story of how this came to be is kinda sad.  hellyeah were jamming and started playing this, and Vinnie remembered that he had recordings Darrell did of this song when they were in Damage Plan and thinking of doing the cover, so they took those recordings and the band played around it for this track.   So yeah, this is hellyeah featuring Dimebag Darrell.

• 1 month later...

Found two of my favorite early 90s albums in used book store today.

one is Deadicated, the grateful dead cover album, with people like Warren Zevon, Elvis Costello, Los Lobos and more on it. My favorite song on it:

The other is the soundtrack to thr 1989 Denzel movie, The Mighty Quinn. This includes a version of the title song done reggae style by sheryl lee ralph and two of the Marleys.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Sweet Mother of Jebus, what the hell did I just see? I'm at a loss as to which video was more unsettling. Thanks in advance for the fucking nightmares.

• Like 1

I thought this had been posted, but maybe it was the old board. Totally WTF? Bowie was one of my heroes, but I always wondered with as much money as he had why didn't he get a glass eye the same color as his real one?

13 hours ago, OSJ said:

I thought this had been posted, but maybe it was the old board. Totally WTF? Bowie was one of my heroes, but I always wondered with as much money as he had why didn't he get a glass eye the same color as his real one?

Because the eye wasn't glass. The pupil in the left one was permanently dilated. The story Bowie told was that George Underwood punched him in the eye over a girl when they were in school, and the muscles that contract it were paralyzed.

10 hours ago, grilledcheese said:

Because the eye wasn't glass. The pupil in the left one was permanently dilated. The story Bowie told was that George Underwood punched him in the eye over a girl when they were in school, and the muscles that contract it were paralyzed.

The things that I can learn on this board... Thank you. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, zev said:

I must atone for my previous post. This is the best way I possibly can.

Very nice, zev, but you don't get off quite that easy...

Bah, humbug... Can't seem to find the totality of The King & Eye by the Residents... Maybe next time...

1 minute ago, zev said:

Did the Residents do a separate video for each track from that album?

Maybe so, I should check later, I'm thinking about a Move playlist for Curt McGirt... Hell, any Roy Wood solo stuff will work as well...

Better yet, yet's have at it in a brand new thread... I'll start with SPLIT ENDZ  and EDDY & THE FALCONS,  why don't you grab some stuff from MESSAGE FROM THE COUNTRY and immediately preceding ELO?

Actually, the Leningrad Cowboys, along with the Red Army Choir, had one of my all time favorite MTV awards show performances.

And what's this? 20 years later the Cowboys were still doing that number?! Glorious!

• Like 1

• RIPPA locked this topic