DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY: PAUL ORNDORFF

RIPPA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7ftbp1jgvA

Looking back at this match, as well as the buildup leading to the heel turn, even I knew way back when that Orndorff was in the right by turning on Hogan. 

Not really true. If you look at their history, Hogan was a great friend to Orndorff and gave him chances he did not really deserve. But Hogan was WWF champion and a very busy man, he could give Orndorff the attention he needed. 

Bobby Heenan knew this and for nearly a year he worked on making Orndorff crack. The sad thing is Paul Orndorff wanted to be good. But ir went against his very nature. At his core he was a bad guy.

This thread needs more vids of dudes being murdered by the piledriver.

When I think of Orndorff I always think of his murderous-looking piledriver.  After seeing the way he executed the move I could never go back to fearing the more traditional "sit-down" variant I'd become accustomed to from guys like Ray Stevens and Bob Sweetan.

He's involved in one of my most "wish it happened" aborted angles when the Four Horsemen splattered him on the concrete for disrespecting Brian Pillman. 

Sadly, that wasn't an aborted angle, but his write out retirement.  His nerve injuries that he never got treated from his WWF days finally caught up with him, and he couldn't work through the continuing atrophy his right side was going through anymore (that he spent his whole WCW run being awesome *while* his right side was getting weaker is a testiment to how badass he is), and the Horsemen Spike Piledriver was his send off.  He only worked one more match after that 5 years later during the Natural Born Thrillers angle that he got the stinger in and that finished him off doing anything in-ring training or working wise for good.