DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 8/27/15

victor

I wish that dark match had been taped.

* Dark match: Finn Balor and Samoa Joe defeated The Lucha Dragons.

* Bray Wyatt and Luke Harper cut an in-ring promo on Braun Stroman to kick off SmackDown. Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose come out to exchange words with them.

* The Dudleys defeated The Ascension. After the match The New Day comes out to taunt the Dudleys and The Ascension end up getting put through a table.

* Kevin Owens defeated Neville with a Popup Powerbomb. Owens cut a promo before the match.

* The Bella Twins try to turn Charlotte & Becky Lynch against Paige.

* Seth Rollins cut a promo on Sting.

* Charlotte & Becky Lynch defeated The Bella Twins.

* Dolph Ziggler & Ryback defeated Rusev and Big Show.

* Sheamus defeated Dean Ambrose when The Wyatt Family distracted Ambrose and Sheamus got the win with the Brogue Kick. After the match, Reigns came out to help Ambrose, but Braun took care of him. The show ended with The Wyatt Family standing tall over Reigns.

I thought i saw someone say that dark match was part of the Dusty tag tournament.

I thought i saw someone say that dark match was part of the Dusty tag tournament.

That was me because both PWI and the Torch said last night after it happened that it was the first match in the tournament

I really think the natural thing is for Charlotte to end up with the Bellas.  She gives off a much more heel-ish vibe.

The natural thing is for the Bellas to fuck off already. Charlotte would've been a better choice than Jon Stewart to cost Cena the match against Rollins. I'm mean it's her fucking dad's record it would've made a ton more sense. From there she kills Nikki, joins the Authority, and becomes the top heel of the women's division. The fans are going to babyface Sasha anyway.

They have a perfect story waiting with Charlotte being the spoiled privileged brat that had everything handed to her vs the Sasha the woman that had to make her own breaks and fight and claw for everything in life. I'm more than confident these two could take that story and make the divas division. So of course will end up with a bunch of stupid shit with the Bellas being the center of it all.

• Like 1

Austin has came out said what most of us have been saying that Reigns needs a heel turn. The problem is he can't do it and play second fiddle to Rollins. They may have to wait for the Rollins/Authority fallout to turn Reigns as the guy they really wanted all along. The smarks would have no problem buying that line of thinking lol. I would like to see someone breakout as a top heel without HHH and Steph bossing them around, but I'm not sure that'll happen anytime soon.

I'm pretty bummed Reigns wasn't the guy to end Cena's US title run. They have something setting on the table that would've got Reigns a massive face pop, and helped him get over with the section of the audience that doesn't like him, and just shit the bed as usual.

If Rollins drops the WHC to Sting, it opens the door to a Rollins turn/possible Shield reunion teaser.  But as soon as Ambrose/Rollins mend fences, have Reigns go peace out and bolt for Rollins' now vacant Authority spot.  Set up a US title match between the two (Authority connections allows Reigns to jump line) with Reigns beating the snot out of Rollins, which he's wanted to do for a long time anyway.  That gives Reigns instant feuds with Cesaro and even a heel/heel fight with Owens.  Throw Neville in the mix, too.

They could even have AmbReigns lose or barely win and come out badly wounded at NoC to play with the idea that the real reason Reigns went to the Authority beyond the money/titles is they can keep Bray off his back until the face turn/real Shield reunion, setting another Shield/Wyatt Family saga into motion.

I was in the house last night. It was definitely part of the Dusty tournament. Eden announced it as such.  It was a fun fucking match too.

Edit:  I forgot to mention. They had NXT graphics up also so I'm not sure what that means. Maybe they will show it on an upcoming episode.