DVDVR Message Board

Raw 8-24-15 - Post-Summerslam Show

MGFanJay

God why did I watch that shit? Pretty much the only thing I liked was that big dude having a debut that was almost straight from the 80s. I am ok with booking angles like it's still the 80's but not booking the actual wrestlers from the 80s to main event.

• Like 1

So, who's the new Wyatt? Someone must know on here.

Braun Stroman is his ring name. Did strongman contests for several years, apparently.

The black sheep mask is scary as fuck.

Huh, I really thought it was an indie guy WWE hired but apparently they've had him under contract since May 2013, only had him in dark matches. So is this somebody they've been saving for the right slot, or the only guy they had under contract who looked like a Wyatt?

I don't know the answer, but he had been the gladiator in Rose's exotic express. Make of that what you will.

The biggest take away for tonight is that The Bellas shouldn't be the centerpieces of the Divas Division at all. The crowd was doing the wave and chanting 'boring' because they wanted NOTHING to do with The Bellas. Its clear as day who the real workers were in the ring and the crowd wanted nothing to do with The Bellas and Fox. After getting Sasha/Bailey on Saturday- everything else involving the women fell flat. The terrible interview and mic work by all before the match did no one (expect for Miz) any favors. Just very sad to see two steps forward and then 10 steps back. Just because people have enjoyed the work of Sasha, Charlotte, Paige (while in NXT), Bailey, and Lynch doesn't mean they want more Bellas and company on TV.

Dudleys vs. New Day and Sting vs. Rollins are on complete opposite ends of the "Matches I am interested in" spectrum. Sting getting a vanity reign for a month would be cool though.

If the Duddley's are going to do every one of those stupid catch phrase moves every match, they can fuck right off back to wherever Donald Rumsfled, Lizzie McGwire, and every other stupid thing from 2002 are locked up.

Imagine coming from such an awful, black-hearted city that you would enthusiastically sing along with that wazzup dudley dick headbutt bullshit as it steals the thunder of that New Day performance

Dudleys got an Attitude Era pop and have been super over everywhere they've been.  Bubba is in great shape (or was in TNA).  I'm fine with them getting another run. 

Yeah, Sasha needed to be on this show unless she's hurt. I don't know.  Bellas are on instagram throwing a fit but they don't get it. Nobody wants to see them. 

New Day was oh so awesome...  a night of awesome moments.  Great, great show. 

• Like 1

Dudleys got an Attitude Era pop and have been super over everywhere they've been.  Bubba is in great shape (or was in TNA).  I'm fine with them getting another run. 

Especially right now that there's no tag teams about to get super over....waaaaait a secooond....

Guys, did Big Show just fucking turn again and then turn again???

dead at that post match beatdown, couldn't have lampshaded all their company's top babyfaces being massive dicks any better

then the heel authority figures are leading a heartwarming birthday singalong for their cuddly pyschopath father

¯\(°_o)/¯

Definite yes to the Bulgarian Brute/Stupid French-American alliance continuing though, yep

For better or worse, the WWE did a good job keeping a lid on the major surprises they had tonight.

I've been completely indifferent towards the Dudleys for well over a decade, but for some reason I marked a bit when they came out.  Was expecting Enzo and Cass, but I guess they're staying put for a while.

There's not much info on the nu-Wyatt guy - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Braun_Stowman

Makes me think there's a secret room in the Performance Center where they hide guys they're training and don't let them out or get any sort of exposure until they actually debut, kind of like the guy in the cage in Lucha Underground.  At first I thought he was that guy whose name escapes me....was around 5 years or so ago and had a similar look and would cut promos talking about stuff from medical textbooks about ways he was going to hurt guys.  Then for a second I thought it was Snitsky.  

In most cases I would rejoice in Jon Stewart getting beaten up, but am not sure what to think since it was Cena doing the beating and I like him even less.  Doesn't that whole thing make Cena a heel?  I kept hoping Flair would just low blow everyone and strut out of there.

This crowd has been more awesome than not the whole weekend, but there was just so much obnoxious self-indulgent bullshit going on tonight

The palpable disdain Paige has for the Miz on Tough Enough was really coming out here and I was hoping their whole crew would put the boots to him before the match started. 

So I guess we're going to get HHH/Rollins vs Cena/Sting in the near future.  My network subscription is not going to make it past the end of the month.

Best Raw top to bottom, in a while. Bo getting mauled, Trombone Xavier, The Dudley's, the neWyatt, Stewart taking the AA like a champ, great 8 man tag, and Sting being unveiled. Vince must have been in a good mood, due to his birthday or something. 

• Like 3

I came out of that show, much like Fowler, wanting to see Ryback vs Owens.

But Rollins was pretty much the guy I wanted to see wrestle Sting when he came back, so I'm happy with this. There's literally no one else on the roster I want to see wrestle Rollins at this point. Maybe Henry, but that's it.

Are we sure it's just the Bellas and not that the Raw crowd will never really accept the Divas as wrestlers?

It could be that, but I do not think it is because I am guessing much of this same crowd was into Bayley and Sasha two days ago in the same arena, and because they actually chanted for Sasha.

To salvage this, they should have Sasha squash Nikki for the gold and feud with Paige or Becky. Keep the TD girls to their own sphere of angles, away from the NXT girls.

The thunderous "We Want Sasha" chant might be a clue, WWE.

Unless she is hurt, the last two nights make no sense.

Honestly the last two nights feel like sabotage booking to me. They hid Sasha as much as possible at SummerSlam, and didn't even put her on the show tonight knowing she would be over as fuck.

Tonight they have a horribly scripted long talking segment followed by another pedestrian rookie school level layout of a match to protect the Bellas. The Bellas are just a cancer at this point.

This whole angle was started because of a fucking soccer game and Ronda Rousey. They called up 3 of the 4 best women they had in NXT at once with a half baked angle where they were placed on teams by Steph like she was picking sides for a kick ball game. Then they follow that with two months of random matches with no angles or character development.

I'll repeat what I said after Summer Slam; Becky, Charlotte and Sasha need to run(not walk) back to NXT. They're botching this as badly as Roman's singles push.

The first hour of this Raw was fun as fuck though.

• Like 3

Wasn't HHH thinking about bringing the guy who last played the Mountain on Game of Thrones at one point?  If so, that's the possible third Shield member.

Just in case, though--Roman needs to do his best Red Viper impersonation and poison that dude.  Wear googles too, just to be safe.

I bought Jon Stewart's shit about not wanting to see Flair's record broken.  It's like the old timers who didn't want to see someone pass Roger Maris. Stewart has played this up too because remember he didn't want Undertaker's streak to end either.  

They tried to tell us the timekeeper saw Undertaker tapping and was overzealous and rang the bell.  I think maybe I buy that but HOLY FUCK was it confusing last night.  The execution was so bad.