DVDVR Message Board

NXT TAKEOVER: BROOKLYN

RIPPA

Nothing happened to Sami for all his Benoit bombs, Owens will be fine.

Great show. Women's match was awesome, although I could have done without Stephanie coming out before, she's just the worst...

I think Joe was put in a program with Corbin to get him to that level of match. Corbin hung in there the whole time. I liked him asking the ref what happened.

I'm over Balors demon entrance. Hopefully they develop that part of his gimmick more. Ladder match was rad, even though I like Owen much more than Balor and I wanted Owens to go over, but it makes sense if he is on the main roster now.

I once reffed a Blue Pants match in Florida. Just saying...

I am not sure who said it on my Twitter page but the fact that Blue Pants was so over (hell more over than Liger and Joe) is a testament to how over Enzo Amore and Big Cass are because Blue Pants was a creation in order to find a jobber opponent for Carmella

I saw from post from Lariatooooo's twitter of Kana and now I want to see Sasha vs Kana like tomorrow.  Wow   :)

What the fuck is a Kanna?

Sasha is the best wrestler signed to WWE as of now, with Daniel Bryan out. She's God-like in her ability to make shit matter, have an emotionally enthralling match, yet still get all her shit in and then some. Such a great character.

It was good to see some of the old Joe.

hook_film_there_you_are_peter.jpg?v=2

OH, THERE YOU ARE, JOE!

I think Joe was put in a program with Corbin to get him to that level of match. Corbin hung in there the whole time. I liked him asking the ref what happened.

So much great stuff happened after that, I almost forgot about this. That was a great sell, him startling awake, all confused looking. The camera just did catch it.

I'm going to post more at some point. But what shouldn't be slept on is Bayley wearing polka dot wristbands for Dusty. Got a little misty eyed from the start. The 4 Horsewomen curtain call was tremendous.

I'd never seen a Uhaa Nation match before, and he seemed decent.  One of those guys who is obviously a talented athlete, though from just this brief match I couldn't tell how good that translates to wrestling ability.  Using one of RVD's mid-match spots from 2000 as a finisher didn't really wow me either.

But for a 260 pound brick shithouse to get THAT much air on a standing moonsault makes him stand out.

• Like 2

It was an Evolutionary Ultimate Warrior finish. Let's at least come correct with the comparison

Pretty much. They get him to show off both his awesome power and then his ridiculous athleticism. It's a great 1-2 combo.

• Like 1

Back to Corbin/Joe.

The lack of the three arm raise was awesome and made it feel much more real, even though Joe had a lot of daylight leaking through the hold, almost Cena levels not locked in. Have they done submission finishes without the three arm raises lately?

Corbins promo of never hearing about the Indie darlings was a great touch.

All of the hype videos were fantastic but the Bayley/Sasha one was on another level. The picture of her fading into nothingness as they go through the three others being called up. Her music slowing down. So great.

Best WWE show of the year by a country mile even though matches outside of Sasha/Bayley ranged from fine to really good. No fucking about and everything had a purpose and delivered.

• Like 2

I'd never seen a Uhaa Nation match before, and he seemed decent.  One of those guys who is obviously a talented athlete, though from just this brief match I couldn't tell how good that translates to wrestling ability.  Using one of RVD's mid-match spots from 2000 as a finisher didn't really wow me either.

But for a 260 pound brick shithouse to get THAT much air on a standing moonsault makes him stand out.

No kidding.  "He hit him with a standing moonsault" doesn't even begin to do it justice.  He fucking leaped in the air, had time to check his watch if he was wearing one and then landed King Kong Bundy splash style.  

• Like 2

Back to Corbin/Joe.

The lack of the three arm raise was awesome and made it feel much more real, even though Joe had a lot of daylight leaking through the hold, almost Cena levels not locked in. Have they done submission finishes without the three arm raises lately?

Corbins promo of never hearing about the Indie darlings was a great touch.

Corbin did a good enough job of selling it that it was plausible. Besides, it's not like they check the arm 3 times in MMA.

By the way, fuck the Hammer. The Master and Ruler has spoken:

SID VICIOUS @SychoVicious 18m18 minutes ago

Sasha could main event for sure. Don't tell Greg Valentine though. #NXTTakeOver

Fake account unfortunately but still true.

I was out and got home in time to see the tail end of Apollo Crews match. Having never seen an Uhaa Nation match, I guess he's good.

Joe vs. Corbin was a damn good match. I don't honestly get why people hate on Corbin. I see huge potential for the guy. My favorite spot of the match was Corbin busting out the heel hook. There's a move that doesn't get used enough. I finally saw the Goldberg comparisons when he did that because Goldberg would bust out knee bars and stuff time to time randomly in his matches. Punches aside it was a damn good match. It's great that Joe finally can show his stuff in front of such a large crowd here in the states.

Bayley vs. Sasha. What can I say that hasn't been said all ready. Bayley warms my heart and I legit jumped when she busted out the reverse ranna and did the B2B for the win. Sasha is the wrestler of the year. Man and woman combined. In December if they do the Slammy's it will be a crime if she isn't nominated with US Open Cena.

Owens/Balor was also a great match. That Finn Balor into is gonna be something amazing at Wrestlemania in the future. Owens must be soar as fuck right now and just think he's gonna probably do about ten minutes with Cesaro tomorrow.

So yeah BAYLEY FTW!!!

It's kinda crazy how WWE can produce these NXT shows and make them feel so special. Like, literal "can't miss" shows. But will then turn around and make their regular shows feel like the most skipable events possible. Everything about the NXT show tonight felt different and unique. No two matches were alike, and the results felt like they mattered and carried weight. That is all I ever really want from a wrestling show.

I had to watch the show on a delay so I didn't get to join in on the initial reactions, so obviously my thoughts will be somewhat repetitive. 

Liger busting out the "spin pose" might have been my pop of the night. Loved the tag title match too.

Joe vs Corbin worked about 100x better than I expected, and I love the fuck out of that match.

Sasha/Bayley will smoke EVERYTHING that happens at Summerslam.  All time classic match, and right up there with Sasha/Becky.

Ladder match was p crazy, and I agree that it will go down as a hidden gem of a ladder match in a few years.  It won't get talked up like the more famous ones, but it felt authentic and brutal and I loved it.

• Like 2

Owens just chilling in a chair during Balor's entrance, and mocking Zayn's shoulder to shut the ole chants up is what makes him so great.

I wonder if it's the agents or the direction from HHH, but NXT matches always seem better laid out than main roster matches. It really stands out during the women's matches, but the main event was another example. If that had been on the main roster it would've probably went 5 minutes longer, and went well into overkill status.

It's pretty amazing given the difference in talent that NXT can put on a show that will most likely be far more fun to watch than Summerslam, and they did it with several of their best acts on the undercard and out hurt.

Seriously though Sasha busted out the Mysterio rope flip over the ref spot, and that may not have been a top 5 moment in that match.