DVDVR Message Board

SummerSlam XXVIII

Dolfan in NYC

The worst part of the main event finish is how in the hell does the geek ref figure 'Taker who's getting his arm pretzeled is even in a position to be attempting a pin in the first place? Yeah, yeah, I know it goes back years and has been done a thousand time on back suplexes where the rocket surgeon attempting the pin doesn't get his shoulder up while the suplexee does; and I'm fine with that particular finish. But that sort of shit is beyond contrived and uncalled for on something like a kimura.

To be fair - I could see him being really nervous about going in the opposite direction and hitting Cena too hard. Thus he ended up erroring on the side of caution.

I am not going to kill a guy for working safe on a chair shot

Good point. It just looked funny like Cena was hunched over distracted by some shiny rare coin laying on the mat because there was no way getting his ribs tickled by that chair could have had him doubled over like that.

(And slightly off-topic, but my guess is they explain it by making Stewart a smark fan avatar - he's tired of seeing Cena on top and wants the new guys to stay hot. After all, he left the Daily Show and let Trevor Noah have a shot - why can't Cena do the same?)

Oh I love this line of thinking with Jon "passing the torch." But really, Vince probably wanted Stewart to turn because all liberal are wicked heels. It may have even been a direct order from Linda.

New Day are the definite WWE mvp's of 2015. Now is about the time Vince will notice how over they are, and start giving them dumb shit to do like when he took Ambrose from bad ass revenge seeking maniac to a guy that shoots mustard, plays with dolls, and uses Nickelodeon slime as a way to get revenge on a guy that tried to cave his head in.

John Cena ‏@JohnCena  20m20 minutes ago

Spent the night removing my foot from my mouth,congrats @WWERollins undeniable respect no matter how I feel. #jonstewart we may need 2 talk

I know Stewart is supposed to show up on RAW tonight.

Normally it would be blah blah blah, AA and we all move on but I can't see anyway Stewart agrees to take that bump so I really have no idea how they are planning on him getting "payback"

The most underrated part from last night

Woods putting over Darren Young while he was getting his ass kicked

"YOU HATE TO SEE THAT HAPPEN TO A NICE GUY LIKE DARREN YOUNG!"

"HE IS SO NICE! A GREAT MAN! BUT A GREAT MAN WHO IS GOING TO LOSE TODAY!"

Austin is so wrong about Xavier.

John Cena ‏@JohnCena  20m20 minutes ago

Spent the night removing my foot from my mouth,congrats @WWERollins undeniable respect no matter how I feel. #jonstewart we may need 2 talk

I know Stewart is supposed to show up on RAW tonight.

Normally it would be blah blah blah, AA and we all move on but I can't see anyway Stewart agrees to take that bump so I really have no idea how they are planning on him getting "payback"

Plus, enormous John Cena beating on average-sized Jon Stewart isn't exactly Being a Star behavior, now is it?

The difference between NXT and main roster WWE is no more apparent than after this weekend, and I think it may start causing problems if they continue to run TakeOver specials the night before big WWE PPVs. If you watched both shows on back to back, it is just glaring the difference in quality between how the two shows are run. TakeOver had great matches with satisfying finishes and a hot crowd all the way through. SummerSlam had great matches, but with shitty and overbooked finishes with long periods of a dead crowd. As we're seeing in this thread, the ring work can be great, but if the finishes are dumb and overbooked, that completely overshadows and undermines all the great work these guys are putting in before that shitty finish. NXT is just so much better at setting and then delivering on the big matches than WWE is at this point, and that makes it a much better show to want to watch. Why get emotionally invested in a match when we're getting screwed out of a satisfying ending to said match? But I guess SummerSlam has been the show of shitty endings for several years now.

In the old days, Vince would run a show the day before a Crockett/WCW PPV in the same city and burn out the crowd for the next day.

I wonder if NXT could do that.

You said, "best show." Moving goalposts isn't going to help. Not to mention, it's not even better than WM 31, which just happened close to 5 months ago. Hardly ages...

I liked this show a LOT more than Mania. 

The best wrestling show of the past year is the Lucha Underground finale, if we're gonna go there.

the-new-day1.gif

Good God, if there's anybody able to be the next super babyface that never loses, it's Big E. Most charismatic guy on the roster. LOOK HOW INTO THAT HE IS!

At one point, Vince thought Big E was the future of the company while Triple H thought it was Roman Reigns.

Big E dancing is how I imagine Vince thinks he looks when he dances.

• Like 2

the-new-day1.gif

Good God, if there's anybody able to be the next super babyface that never loses, it's Big E. Most charismatic guy on the roster. LOOK HOW INTO THAT HE IS!

At one point, Vince thought Big E was the future of the company while Triple H thought it was Roman Reigns.

Big E dancing is how I imagine Vince thinks he looks when he dances dissolves a massive amount of cocaine into his seventeenth energy drink of the day and injects the mix directly into his buttocks in between steroid scars.

FTFY

• Like 1

Big E dancing is how I imagine Vince thinks he looks when he dances.

Well, Vince tried to have Big E play super serious face that says super serious things during his shitty IC reign. If you look at his vines and tweets, that's not Big E. Let him have fun. He's kicked so much ass in this role, all of them have, but Big E in particular. If he gets a bit better with his psychology, he's ready for the next step up. He's got the charisma and he's got super hurty looking offense, now he just needs to be able to carry a singles match and maintain crowd interest throughout.

Also, yes:

mYtob.gif

PS it's been bugging me for a while, who is in Big E's twitter avatar?