DVDVR Message Board

That Pet Photos thread

MarcosLoura

That's awful about your dog. I can tell though from her bed that she had an awesome life.

Posted Image

This is my beloved Zelda. She's six. A friend of a friend works for the parks department here in Philly. They find a lot of stray/abandoned dogs. The friend of a friend found her. Protocol was that you have to take a dog to the pound if you find a stray. However, she had to work on a Sunday for some reason and there was no one at the pound. She took her home. She wanted to keep her but she already has two dogs and lives in an apartment.

Our mutual friend called me since I was going to hang out w/ her. My wife and I talked about getting a dog for years but never went through with it -- my wife said she'd be too sad to go to adopt a dog because she'd want to adopt every one. I went to my friend's house and met Zelda for the first time. She jumped up on my chest and kissed me a bunch. I knew that she was immediately my best friend. This was five years ago.

I worked from home most of our first year with her. I was going through a really rough time of things. She kept me sane and healthy.

I love her so much. She sleeps in our bed with us and always uses my legs as a pillow. The only thing she loves more than us is peanut butter.

• Like 2

Posted Image

My sweet little girl Monkey. She's basically the best thing that has ever lived.

And here we are having some quality time........

Posted Image

And her being completely indifferent to Curtis Axel vs. The Miz

Posted Image

• Like 3

Cuz I'll take any chance I get to post a picture of my black lab, here ya go:

Posted Image

Does he look like a dog "so sick we're going to put him down" (from bone cancer) like we were told when we got him 8 months ago?

• Like 4

This is probably the best topic on and board of any type on the internet.  I could look at pictures of people's pets all damn day, and I love hearing people talk about their pets.  I'm just such a softie for pets and animals.  Hell, I have a tattoo of our old family dog, and two tattoos of my cat.....one of them drawn by an 8 year old. 

• Like 2

Some obedience class, though I should probably claim it's a WBC heavyweight title or something.

I haven't really been to a dog show in like 12 years, though I spent a huge number of weekends of my youth around them. Which is probably why I thought Best in Show was one of the funniest movies ever. Since I actually *met* all those people.

How about a moving picture of Charlie? I swear, he does get water at home.

I wonder what would happen if he was at one of those fountains where it's just a jet of water that shoots out of one hole to another.

• 1 month later...

This is our newest pup, Taco.  He's named for my wife's favorite character on The League/TV.  He's a Lab/pit mix and 98% of the time incredibly gentle, but he's still got some puppy mouthiness in him.

Posted Image

This is Dot, our Brittany, wondering just what we've gotten her into with an 11 month old puppy

Posted Image

Finally, this is Stewart

Posted Image

Go home, Stewart, you are drunk

Posted Image

• Like 3