DVDVR Message Board

That Pet Photos thread

MarcosLoura

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2019 at 5:00 AM, Cole Miner said:

The day we must all face eventually. The day of the last goodbye. The day I must take her to be put to sleep. Just an agonizing horrible day and it is just getting started.

o0Ci0hC.jpg

I'm so sorry. They count on us to do the right thing when it's time, but it's never easy.

There is one thing that you can do! Adopt a kitten (or two) from the shelter. The world is way short on people like you who can be a loving human to a cat, honor her memory by enhancing the lives of a couple of unwanted kittens. We lost two cats when we moved, they just made it very clear that they wouldn't stay here and didn't, despite all we did to try and get them acclimated to the new place. However, the two kittens that Bushi left behind are now coming up on five months and are an absolute delight. One appears to be the reincarnation of Spike, a cat we had in Seattle who died of cancer when he was 12. The little guy not only looks like him but behaves like him as well.  

Edited by OSJ
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

I have been lucky so far with my pets.First dog died on the ride to the vet to get put to sleep. She was napping in my lap and just stopped breathing. Buried her at the foot of my grave in the family cemetary.

Next dog passed on Dec 23rd 2010. She went outside to use the bathroom before we all went out to eat for the night. SHe wandered off. And I found her down by the pier hours later dead. Vet said something rupturted inside her and she was more than likely heading to the lake for water.He said she had to have died on the hill and rolled into the lake,cause there was no water in her lungs. SHe got buried at the foot of my grave on Dec 24th that year.

Maggie the current one gets the same promise I gave the other two If I have too I will have them put to sleep. But I hope it never comes to that.
Speaking of Maggot Ass,her full name,she wasn't feeling good the other day,I snapped a quick pic to send my lady while she was working a long shift.

Was waiting in line to get groceries,decided to check out whatever filters the built in software for my tablet has. Came up with this.

u5HRG0K.jpg

Maggie got sucked into the AH Ha Take on Me video ?

SOrry for your loss man with the cat. The only time I had a cat was when I was married the first time. My first dog died and she wanted cats. We got two and I liked them but I just never was a cat person.When we divorced she got the cats and AFAIK her mother adopted them and they lived fairly long. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Over the past couple of months I've been taking Mandy into the hallway whenever she gets bored to play fetch and burn off some energy. Now the dude down the hall lets his dog out whenever he hears her and they go back and forth. Truly the funnest of times.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yesterday my mastiff managed to get herself stuck under our shed.  Spent 2 hours trying to dig her out, but she wouldn't come out.  Finally I just got down on my back and crawled in after her headfirst.  Managed to flip her over on her side and drag her out.  Fortunately she's all bark, no bite.  Otherwise I was setting myself up for a Darwin award that ended with "and all they found was his feet", going into an enclosed space like that with a stressed out mastiff.  Came out covered in mud, old leaves, dog hair and a herd for some sort of little red/black creepy crawly things.  Probably best not to know what those were.  Hole is now blocked with a couple rocks that weigh more than me.  

I guess she used to watch our old pit bull do that.  Thing is, the pit was a much smaller dog, and pits are so strong that they can go through just about anything.  Ours used to go through cat doors with ease.  The other thing is that the mastiff is big and strong, but she's been spoiled her entire life. She got scared of hurting herself and didn't even try to get out.  If the pit got scared and panicked like that, she'd have died long before we got her.  Seven untreated gunshots weren't painful enough to stop her, so a little pain squeezing through a tight spot probably wouldn't even register.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I finally got to take care of some cats again.  Meet Buffy:

A5YVUKd.jpg?1

And Marsha:

sbL3z2B.jpg?1

Both of these little mamas just had their kittens weaned and are waiting to get spayed and adopted out.

25 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

I finally got to take care of some cats again.  Meet Buffy:

A5YVUKd.jpg?1

And Marsha:

sbL3z2B.jpg?1

Both of these little mamas just had their kittens weaned and are waiting to get spayed and adopted out.

Huh, Buffy looks just like Spike and Marsha looks just like Sansa! Where is Bruce? 

19 minutes ago, DouglasC said:

His tumor had doubled in size over the past three weeks, and it just started pouring blood over the past 24 hours. It was time. Goodbye, my dear friend.

boWglZ.jpg

So sorry, @DouglasC. Fuck Cancer. When I think of you and Charlie, it's Charlie's annual photo with Santa Claus. My thoughts are with you at this sad time xxx.

Edited by The Natural

6 hours ago, The Natural said:

So sorry, @DouglasC. Fuck Cancer. When I think of you and Charlie, it's Charlie's annual photo with Santa Claus. My thoughts are with you at this sad time xxx.

The best thing about the photos was that we'd print them out, write a little note on it, and give it as a Christmas card to his various doggie friends in the neightbourhood. One family put it up next to their dog's food dishes, and when company would visit, would ask them "Where's your Christmas card?", and they'd walk off and insist that the guests saw THEIR card.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I took in my sister's cat because she was going to get rid of her because "she pees everywhere" (my sister would empty the litter box like once a week btw and they had 2 cats). No problems with her in the month plus I've had her here. It's weird though. She's super lovey dovey and friendly but absolutely hates being held. She'll sit on your lap all the live long day but don't you dare try to pick her up. 

94257172_10220127247504510_3827931577275

Edited by BrianS81177
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

I took in my sister's cat because she was going to get rid of her because "she pees everywhere" (my sister would empty the litter box like once a week btw and they had 2 cats). No problems with her in the month plus I've had her here. It's weird though. She's super lovey dovey and friendly but absolutely hates being held. She'll sit on your lap all the live long day but don't you dare try to pick her up. 

94257172_10220127247504510_3827931577275

My ex Kris's cat Midnight was the same way... always gave you lots of "sugar" but never wanted to be held. Of course I'm the Pet Whisperer so the first time I was invited over I picked Midnight up like it was nothing and she went along with it. I couldn't understand why Kris was suddenly running for her camera. ?

Yeah it's weird. Normally animals love me, not that Pixel (that's her name) doesn't but she gets all squirmy as soon as you pick her up. My sister's german shepherd absolutely hates me though. Growls at me every time she sees me. Last time, she even lunged at me a couple times (fortunately my brother in law was holding her leash tightly) so now every time I come over they have to lock the dog up in another room. It bit one of my nephew's friends too. I've told my sister they should get rid of her before she attacks someone and they find themselves in a world of hurt financially but she doesn't want to because "well she's nice to us" (insert eye roll emoji here)

• 3 weeks later...