DVDVR Message Board

That Pet Photos thread

MarcosLoura

No worries, round these parts "Team Beefy" is still a thing.  We've gotten into the habit of calling Sandor a number of things, including: "The Hound" (which I know makes little sense as he's a cat),  and more recently, (given his penchant for only eating dry food and the occasional kitty treats), "the Slender Boy"... I hadn't realized how spot on accurate it was until we took him in for his procedure last week and discovered he weighs all of nine lbs.!  He and Waldo are exactly a year apart, coming up on four and five respectively. Waldo effectively makes two of  Sandor, and it's not as though Sandor is missing meals or anything like that... He just doesn't care for the practice. 

Strange little guy.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

Peapod regularly falls asleep like this because he thinks he's a little boy. I wish you could hear the snoring...

k7wyjw8t7bv11.jpg

Ha! I don't need to hear Peapod snoring because I'm sure it sounds just like Seven's snoring. Seven also practices the "sleep on back and see how much of the bed you can monopolize" discipline that seems to be the preferred tao of neutered male cats from ages 3-12.

Oh, feral kitten update... She still won't let me pick her up, she grudgingly allows Kat to pet her as she's made the connection that Kat = food supply. Jackpot has apparently adopted her, what with constant washing and leading her around the house. (He's always done the inspection thing as part of his routine, now he has someone to do it with.)  It's rather amusing watching this huge male cat displaying all this parenting instinct, which Bushi is just totally going all-in for. Bushi also thinks that Jorkens (our 13 year old and last Seattle cat) is her mom, but Jorkens is totally disinterested in that shit . 

42 minutes ago, OSJ said:

Seven also practices the "sleep on back and see how much of the bed you can monopolize" discipline that seems to be the preferred tao of neutered male cats from ages 3-12.

Yeah what's that about? Sometimes he comes and spoons with me in bed if he's cold, other times he lies between me and my missus with paw touching her and foot touching me. We won't talk about the times when he loafs at the end of the bed and attacks my toes

45 minutes ago, CreativeControl said:

Yeah what's that about? Sometimes he comes and spoons with me in bed if he's cold, other times he lies between me and my missus with paw touching her and foot touching me. We won't talk about the times when he loafs at the end of the bed and attacks my toes

The former is because he knows that humans=warm. The second is to confer the status of both you as property. Finally, the third thing is that all things exist to amuse the cat, be thankful he's not a nose/finger biter like our Jorkens. We tried everything imaginable to get her to stop with the nipping, but nothing worked and at age 13, I don't see her as giving up anytime soon. 

The bed protocols are an interesting dynamic to be sure, If we're both in the bed that means that Sandor, Jackpot, Jorkens and Sersi are also in the bed and it's fairly likely that Tyrion is also present. Sumuru and Varys will come back to the bedroom a couple of times per day to make sure that I'm not dead, but otherwise have no interest in the bedroom.  Sansa (as with all other activities) follows no discernable pattern. 

If I'm by myself, Sersi is spooning and Seven is in close proximity with Jorkens squeezing onto a bookshelf. Bushi is only on the bed if no humans are present. That leaves Waldo, who only gets on the bed to fuck with the younger cats such as Tyrion, Varys, Sersi, Sansa, Sandor & Bushi. Jackpot is in charge over-all and Seven serves as the under-boss.

We finally had to kick the cats out of the bedroom at night.  Bruce wants to walk all over us and sleep on our pillows.  Simon wants to sleep under the covers, which wouldn't be so bad if he didn't come and go 10 times in the night.  I miss cuddling with them, but I am getting much better sleep.

38 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

We finally had to kick the cats out of the bedroom at night.  Bruce wants to walk all over us and sleep on our pillows.  Simon wants to sleep under the covers, which wouldn't be so bad if he didn't come and go 10 times in the night.  I miss cuddling with them, but I am getting much better sleep.

Tried that, he yowled at the door constantly, I felt bad because I'm and idiot and let him in. I have rued the day I let the cat in the bedroom ever since

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Last month Mandy had some minor surgery to remove a cyst that had shown up on her back. Since she HATES wearing anything on her neck, not even a collar, the cone of shame was straight out... especially after she almost strangled herself to death trying to pull it off her head after she was fixed last year. We got her a surgical onesie that actually worked out nicely. We were housecleaning and Cindy had placed her pillow and comforter on the couch- Mandy helped herself to the pile, leading to the above adorableness.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, The Natural said:

52987133_2575606062455747_43038346940692

Here's Rayven!!!

What I tell people and people say the same thing when meeting Rayven is her temperament, her looks and she's smaller than the pictures show. Out and about with my Sister:

51957941_2555832821099738_58371311382036

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

Spoiler

Image may contain: cat

Calli 1997-2016

My 1st baby. I took losing her so badly. Her personalized urn sits on my bookshelf next to a couple of her pictures.

Image may contain: cat and indoor

Cleo 2007-

Image may contain: indoor

Coco 2016-

spoilered for size. Sorry @RIPPA. I didn't know how to make these not huge.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 4

My wife and I are volunteering for a cat rescue, helping to take care of and socialize the kitties they have up for adoption at a local pet store.  

This is Lurch, he fucking loves fetch.  He would like you to please throw the spring.

DPXb0r6.jpg?1

• Like 3

I miss playing ball with the cat I had ~10-15 years ago.  You could crumple up some foil and toss it at him on the floor, and he'd swat it right back at you for 5-10 minutes at a time.  The more boisterous games, he'd get up from his meatloaf position and actually start chasing down the damn thing.  Other days he'd swipe it about 4 millimeters and look at you like, "There, my hit.  Your turn."

• Like 3

On 3/7/2019 at 8:31 PM, Mike Campbell said:

Image may contain: bird and dog

The girls decided they wanted to get Hamsters with their birthday money. They named them Elmo and Sweetie Pie, but we more or less overruled them and now everyone call themn Pinky and The Brain.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...