DVDVR Message Board

That Pet Photos thread

MarcosLoura

On 2/26/2018 at 9:06 AM, JLSigman said:

28472134_10211546723889826_9203861357657

Edward Elric Grumpy Old Man Sigman had to leave me today. He couldn't breathe anymore. He was 20.

Jenn, I'm so sorry... Still, 20 for a male cat is a darn good run. We lost both Capt. Nemo and Dr. Nikola at 15, Nikola had an inoperable growth in his lungs and was given 3-6 months, he beat that by two years, but once he went Nemo went downhill in a matter of weeks. They were about a month apart age-wise, Nemo was given us by a family friend and Nikola was a feral kitten we adopted, went from being so terrified of people that he would hide under his cat bed and had to be kept in a cage for the first few weeks, to being one of the most loving, gentle cats I've ever seen. In his whole life he never caught a bird or anything else, don't think he ever harmed another living creature... Sorry for rambling about our cats. I assume that the "Elric" is from the Michael Moorcock character? Beyond cool!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, OSJ said:

I assume that the "Elric" is from the Michael Moorcock character? Beyond cool!

No, Edward and Alphonse Elric are from "Fullmetal Alchemist". Ed was the older, smaller, angrier one, Alphonse was the bigger (he was a Maine Coon mix), sweeter one. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some things about Bruce

-The rescue said he spent a winter outdoors and got some frostbite on his ears and feet, so the edges of his ears look all torn up.  He was also on the losing end of some fights with something and has scars on his little nose.

-He has a really throaty purr that sounds like grunting and it's adorable

-He likes to sleep on our pillows, especially my wife's, so we'll often wake up with a cat for a hat.

-He's the most intense laser-pointer-getter I've ever seen.  He really gets that red dot.  Unfortunately he's also pretty smart and has figured out where the red dot comes from so it's about 50/50 that he'll try to get your hand instead.

Anyway, he rules and I would absolutely die for him.

9JC0rdD.jpg

• Like 3

My wife just sent me this picture.  I cannot even handle this cat.

Also, he and James have been napping on the couch together all afternoon.  This is the closest they've gotten to each other without hissing.

H1huiAD.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

So many wrong thoughts. Felid Centipede, ginger is getting the Big Wiggle... but if their names are Bruce & James, then the real winner is: 

"Wait...you're just...one cat?"

"Now we're two." *vanishes*

And before you ask, no, I don't know what's wrong with me, and no, I don't want to know.

• Haha 1

On 5/18/2018 at 1:48 PM, Zimbra said:

My wife just sent me this picture.  I cannot even handle this cat.

Also, he and James have been napping on the couch together all afternoon.  This is the closest they've gotten to each other without hissing.

H1huiAD.jpg

Cats will hiss at each other until they learn the awesome secret: Other cat = warm! 

• Like 1

Yeah, I think it might be a different story if it were winter and they had an excuse to huddle together, but it's getting a bit warm for cuddle weather up here.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2018 at 12:31 PM, Zimbra said:

-He likes to sleep on our pillows, especially my wife's, so we'll often wake up with a cat for a hat.

Very familiar with this.  That's what "I have a hat" means in our house.

On 5/19/2018 at 9:51 PM, Zimbra said:

Yeah, I think it might be a different story if it were winter and they had an excuse to huddle together, but it's getting a bit warm for cuddle weather up here.

Cats seem to have a different standard of "warm enough" from us hairless apes. It's well into the eighties here and when I took a nap this afternoon I awoke to find Sersei cuddled up next to me, she was like a little heater, but I didn't want her to feel rejected so I just put up with it. Yes, our cats have us trained.

• Haha 1

Weirdly our cats have never really slept with us.  Dogs have been a completely different matter.  For years our Australian Shepherd and Pit Bull would compete to see who could be a better Daniel Boone cap at night, and our Labrador would sleep on my wife's feet.  Stormy nights were especially fun - our Great Pyrenees would get scared and end up sleeping right in the middle of the bed. 

Damn, I miss those dogs.  I'd give just about anything to have to wrestle em for a spot in the bed right about now.

• Like 2

Oh man, those ears!

In the past day Bruce has nicked a bagged cinnamon roll and a package of english muffins off the counter, and snatched a peanut from the bowl of trail mix my wife was eating.  You would think we never fed him.

• Like 1

Had a week where it was just me and Maggie in the house. Somehow she has fallen in love with chapstick.

Now everyone is back so she is happy. As soon as I got the car unloaded she gave everyone kisses and then laid down and crashed out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1