DVDVR Message Board

That Pet Photos thread

MarcosLoura

On ‎25‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 8:00 PM, S.K.o.S. said:

We got a cat roughly a month ago.  She's slightly over 20 pounds, and looks pretty happy about it.

I don't have a photo, but a weighing at the vet's yesterday showed us that she's down to 15.5 pounds.  Still on the beefy side though imo.

Spoiler

Spoilerizing the photo because it is seriously the cutest GD thing ever. You will get cavities if you stare at it too long. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is Copper the sweetest dog that I've ever had. He is the first one to greet me once I got home after work. BTW, he is dominant in terms of space the reason why I have installed a dog pen for him to play. My 2-years old cousin loves to play with his fur, they really get along so well. This Pomeranian of mine is like a family to us.

matchy_matchy.jpg

• Like 2

This is Scout doing what he loved best, taken about a year before he died (he's been gone four years now).  He was a joy to be around.  He just had so much fun, no matter what, that it couldn't help but rub off.  He was also incredibly tough - not in an aggressive way, but in the way he'd just shrug off whatever shit life threw at him and keep wagging as fast as he could. 

We got him at four days old, after his mother died giving birth.  We were just supposed to foster him till he was old enough to be adopted, but between bottle feeding him, and the way our two older dogs adopted him as their own, he was never gonna leave.  

My favorite picture of him is old enough that we only have it on film, but this one comes a close second.  His spleen had been removed due to a highly aggressive tumor two weeks before this was taken.  He'd also been totally blind for three years by this point.  We soaked his dummy in lavender oil, and he could track the scent on the surface of the water.  I have no clue how he figured that out but it worked wonders.  Only problem was that he sometimes couldn't find the shore on his way back, which he did by following my voice, and I'd have to go in after him.  Not fun in January.  He didn't mind a bit, he'd just keep swimming till I caught up with him.

X7GpM5C.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...