DVDVR Message Board

That Pet Photos thread

MarcosLoura

• 3 weeks later...

This is Bella, hiding in the banquette. She likes hiding in and under things. Unlike most cats, Bella actually likes being picked up and held (by me anyway). Bella is a weird kitty. :P

Posted Image

This is Jenny. She is definitely the alpha of the two. She also likes harassing me about an hour or so before feeding time. :lol:

Posted Image

And here's the two of them looking out the window at...something...I don't think I ever figured out what it was that got their attention...

Posted Image

• Like 1

Cuz I can't let a "multiple cats looking at same thing" picture go by without sharing, mine is below.  Sadly, two of these three are no longer with us (only the solid orange guy is left).  This is a picture looking out our back door.  The orange and white cat - Tugger (from the musical "Cats") - used to love looking out our front door.  He spent hours upon hours upon hours doing just that.  We have a beautiful photo my nephew took of him doing that and it's just a perfect encapsulation of what he loved doing.  Anyway, pictures with all 3 of our cats together at the same time were not all that common but, as you can see in the photo, the reason for their togetherness is pretty obvious :) 

Posted Image

• Like 2

Zen (bottom) and Carrie taking over the majority of Mrs Red's side of the bed.

Posted Image

Posted Image

We had to say goodnight to Carrie earlier this year - she was out hunting on a foggy night, and didnt see the morning. I found her by the roadside at 10 the next morning. The vet said she didnt feel a thing. 

Posted Image

God I miss her.

God I miss her.

Brother, we lost Tugger over 5 years ago.  There's probably not more than a day or two at a time that goes by that I don't think of him or miss him.  He had this gigantic, dominant personality where he basically forced you to give him love and forced our other cats to be his friends.  Our current gigantic cat (Dash) has a lot of the same traits but without the ability to get along with his brother.  But, like I said, Tugger was super-dominant so we'd sometimes end up with situations like this one:

Posted Image

Basically, he'd just lay on top of Pumpkin or, more often, sit on his head, until Pumpkin moved out of the spot Tugger wanted on the sofa.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the loss, it's been three years since we had to put Carnacki I down (he caught pneumonia after minor surgery and just couldn't kick it). Three weeks ago, my little guy Fantomas disappeared, after five days of papering the neighborhood and searching for him we concluded that someone has taken him. A friend mentioned that her cat had just had kittens and one of them looked just like Carnacki I, so we adopted him. The next day I heard a cat howling outside at six AM. It was Fantom, he came home much skinnier but okay. I have to assume that he was locked in somewhere, or had strayed a few blocks too far and couldn't find his way back until he heard us calling for him. (We went waaaay the hell down to a wooded area almost a mile away, basically, did a square-mile search on foot). Anyway, he doesn't go more than two houses away now and plays with the little guy, so all is good and now we are 7! Will post pics when I figure out how to get them from phone to computer...

The full roster:

Medea - 14

Capt. Nemo -12

Dr. Nikola - 12

Jorkens -10

Sumuru - 6

Fantomas - 1 1/2

Carnacki II - 8 weeks

Spoiled due to size.

Posted Image

What Peaches thinks of you.

Posted ImageT

This is Stewart. We lost him back in March due to  Feline Leukemia.

Posted Image

Midnight and her one white whisker, which she no longer has. (It fell off one day)

Posted Image

Peanut D. Freeloader. He came up to our yard when he was 3 months old and claimed us as his family.

Black cats are the fucking best.

When I first started dating my now wife - she had a black cat named Mistoffelees (taken obviously from the musical) and 'Stoffs turned out to be my wingman as when I went to her house for the first time, 'Stoffs came out and came straight to me and I was his bed for like two hours. My wife said that that was the first time 'Stoffs had ever done that because he normally hated people. She said that is what sold her on me being "the one".

We put Mistoffelees down 12 years ago and to this day I still have a stuffed black cat toy with his collar around it on the shelf.

• Like 2

When I first started dating my now wife - she had a black cat named Mistoffelees (taken obviously from the musical) and 'Stoffs turned out to be my wingman as when I went to her house for the first time, 'Stoffs came out and came straight to me and I was his bed for like two hours. My wife said that that was the first time 'Stoffs had ever done that because he normally hated people. She said that is what sold her on me being "the one". 

I get that a lot.  I'm known as something of a "cat whisperer" in that cats ALWAYS like me.  Unfriendly ones, friendly ones, young ones, old ones, cranky ones, whatever - they all like me.  Can't count how many times I've had somebody say something like "Wow, xxxxx never likes anybody" to me as a cat sits in my lap :)

The funny thing about that is that my wife & I have had four cats since we've been married and three of the four have liked her better than me.

Here we have Sandy, my beloved collie/lab mix from my childhood.  Sandy was the second dog we had but the first we'd gotten since I'd been born.  I was 7 when we got her.  We went to somebody's house and the rest of my family all liked one puppy (Sandy).  Not me, I wanted the little boy puppy that followed me around the whole time we were there.  Since I was so disappointed, they let me name her.  Being 7 and in love with Olivia Newton John at the time, I named the dog "Sandy" after her character in Grease.  Turns out my family was right and Sandy ended up being awesome.  She was incredibly loving, fiercely loyal and protective of my brother and I, and well-behaved (when it suited her).  We could eat meals laying on the floor watching TV, leave the room, and she wouldn't touch our plates.  She didn't quite understand "fetch" - she was happy to chase down the ball but would never give it back, LOL.  She was prone to "energy attacks" where she'd blast around the house, running laps at top speed with this huge grin on her face.  Anyway, she was awesome.  After my great-grandmother passed away, I was allowed to pick something from among her items that I'd like to have.  I chose her camera.  And one day I decided to take pictures of my dog.  And I got really lucky and got this beauty of a photo of Sandy:

Posted Image

Meet Tarizmo or what we usually call him Tizzy. He is soon to be 5 years old and is the needest cat I've ever had. He's also the most vocal. Funny thing is he is so afraid of our newborn. He won't go near her. He's still a big baby and we love him.

TzBcm2hl.jpg

We've had a boarder for a couple of days, and Taco & Dot are just done with him being around.

Spoilered for size

Paxd53C.jpg

I love how Taco looks like he's plotting the little guy's 'accident' where he just so happens to fall off the couch while Dot is curled in a near fetal position, hoping the rascal will leave already. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not the normal pet picture, but this was taken a couple weeks ago of Gypsy, my roughly 10 year old Bull Terrier/Pit Bull mix. 

rvizkxll.jpg

The opaque, white shapes in the X-ray are bullets.  The bottom right one is an intact 22 caliber.  The two large, amorphous shapes above that are presumably also 22 rounds that hit something hard before they lodged in place.  We've known about those for years.  I can feel the intact round in her left shoulder sometimes, but the other two are lodged deep in the muscle.

We were also aware of 3 others that don't show up in the picture.  A second, intact 22 was removed from her left shoulder during her spay.  She also has a wound on her left rear leg where another shot grazed her.  The third bullet that doesn't show up apparently went through her open mouth, clipped her lower jaw (shattering the left canine), and then exited just inside the jawbone.  Only small fragments of that round are still in her lower jaw.  The exit wound is still visible if you look for it.

What we didn't know about until this was taken is the smaller blob near the top of her skull.  Yet another bullet, this one lodged inside the skull at the top of her brain.  So, I've lived with this dog for 9 years now without realizing she had a freaking bullet in her brain. Yeah, I feel pretty dumb about that.

What's really amazing is that she apparently survived all that without medical treatment of any kind. Most likely she was shot while she was a stray, and we know she didn't receive any treatment after being picked up - at least until we had the one bullet removed 6 months later. 

• Like 2