DVDVR Message Board

That Pet Photos thread

MarcosLoura

I actually left a bunch of stuff out - surviving Hurricane Katrina and two months on her own afterwards, carrying 13 puppies, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever infection, heartworms so bad that they got into her lungs and caused visible distention of her heart, and having her kidneys almost shut down.  She's covered in bite wounds and was so emaciated that it took a couple months to even guess what breed she was.  Basically she's an awful Disney animal movie come to life.

The funny thing is that she's a complete wimp in many ways.  My other two are out playing in the snow right now, and she's literally in bed under the covers.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would suggest Grayson.  Gray cat, Grayson, get it? 

Yeah, not imaginative.  But I stand by it. ;)

I had a cat named "Cat".  Grayson would be wildly imaginative to me.

I also had a cat named Cat.

My suggestion of "Cat 2" has been knocked back, though I can't fathom why.

Kitten looks a bit greyer in that picture than it really is, but it was also the one out of like 12 where she sat still long enough for my old man reflexes to take a good picture.

Pic spoilered for size.

1922474_10202559781208832_911663896_n.jp

Turtle. At least that's what we named him. He wandered onto our property about a year ago. He was obviously somebody's pet because he is neutered and is very comfortable around people. We think he was abandoned (and also abused because he does not like sudden movements). Friendliest cat I have ever seen. 

• Like 1

zal0.jpg

Charlie isn't the only Airedale in the neighbourhood. There are two more that live a block over, and he got together with them for a play date on the weekend. Charlie's got the really curly tail, and he's playing with Clara, who is one month younger than him. Lily's 8, and since she's a mature lady Airedale, she can't get away from the two lunatics fast enough.

• Like 2

Lunacy?  Bah!  Charlie is trying to get some loving.  Lily, not wanting to be a third wheel, and having little interest in young pups, took off.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!  :lol:

Nope. Charlie's had the big snip. It was a pretty easy decision after he shamed the family during puppy class.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...