DVDVR Message Board

That Pet Photos thread

MarcosLoura

On 5/8/2021 at 9:37 AM, The Natural said:

163178808_4530945833588417_4262800515825

I expected bad news this week but it was even worse. Rayven has a tumor and there's a high percentage that it's an aggressive cancer. The Rayven means so much to me and my family. Rayven is so loving, friendly and loyal. Really hope it's not what it's said to be...

Oh man sorry to hear that. 

• Thanks 1

Maggie(real name Maggot Ass) got groomed on Monday. We were hanging out on the back porch Tuesday evening and she got a bit chilled. So thru on one of her lightweight dresses. She used the bathroom,she loves running up and down the back porch stairs,then once we were inside I filmed her getting her post shit treat.

She turns 7 next month. Been trying to find her something nice for her birthday. But Only toys she has ever liked was rope ones and chewbones,which she has plenty of. She has 4 jars full of treats and at least 15 outfits.

Thinking I might take her to go visit a dog she plays with sometimes and maybe on the way home stop at Sonic and give her 2 tater tots.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bobholly138 said:

Oh man sorry to hear that. 

Thanks, man. Sadly the news was even worse. Rayven has terminal cancer, she's only five. Fucking gutted.

Edited by The Natural
  • Sad 2

23 hours ago, bobholly138 said:

SHIT

She is so young. Wow. I have been gutted each time one of my dogs passed. 

I'm sorry for your losses. From getting told Rayven has a high chance of cancer, hoping it's not and if it was, thinking the tumour could be removed to getting told surgery isn't an option has really been one of the worst times in my life. It's why I haven't gone on the board as much since finding out last week.

Edited by The Natural
  • Sad 3

We had a hamster named Milk (ミルク) and he was a really good hamster and since little ミルク passed away, every time we go out shopping my girls have begged their mom to let them buy a new hamster.

She finally gave in last week, and I am happy to report that little Mocha (モカ) seems seems to also be a very good hamster. He is already very friendly and curious, not at all shy or afraid of my daughters or me, happily goes into his little house when it's time to clean the cage... and he looks like a little penguin.

URR7jAl.jpg

zj2tX2z.jpg

wNxZcGe.jpg

• Like 5

18 hours ago, DouglasC said:

I remember getting that news about Charlie, being given 6 months, and then learning/seeing how aggressive his tumour was and it becoming 3 weeks. Savour every second with your dear friend. 

I remember you telling us about Charlie. I'm sorry for your loss. Rayven's tumour is also aggressive. I'm going to make the most of Rayven's time with us, our love for her has grown stronger still which is something as she was already devoted on by me, my Dad and Little Sis.

Edited by The Natural
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

E2xDdD5XoAQpg2f?format=jpg&name=large

Max has clearly led an interesting life.  He's missing part of his ear, a fang, and has a big ridge of scar tissue on his head.  We adopted him out years ago and last week someone surrendered him to the humane society so he's back with us again.  

Whatever happened it has not stopped him from being a big, purring, drooling baby of a cat.

• Like 2

Mama Bear, meet Mama Human.

You got nine different sentient beings in this. Choose one and watch the play develop like an All-22 breakdown... and trust me, you'll watch this multiple times because it's THAT fucking amazing.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Max is still at the center.  Turns out he's FIV positive and needed several more teeth pulled this week.  He's still a big baby and I really need someone to adopt him soon because my wife is absolutely in love with him

XVLL5Fv.jpeg

Meanwhile Lilian looks like she has the spirit of a wise old man inside her:

Vu2XqpA.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

My beautiful son Max is finally going home today!  The woman that adopted him is so excited to get him and her emails have been very cute.  She's also been taking it seriously and doing her research on caring for cats with FIV and with dental issues, which is always nice to see.

I don't usually get this attached but he's such a hard-luck case and he's been with us for a while.  I had to stop by yesterday to tell him goodbye and get in some last minute scritches

E4-5DE2WEAgJ6xM?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1

215339341_10158351943908862_299720385792

Ralfie Clay was sadly put to sleep today. Gutted at his loss. Some cunt dumped him, he was so bony when we took him in at the start of the year. Photo taken in May.

Edited by The Natural
  • Sad 3

I'm so sorry for your loss, Natural.  Losing a pet is terrible, even if you've only had them a short time.  I'm glad that Ralfie had you to give him love and care for the last months of his life.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

I'm so sorry for your loss, Natural.  Losing a pet is terrible, even if you've only had them a short time.  I'm glad that Ralfie had you to give him love and care for the last months of his life.

Cheers, @Zimbra. Cool having our first male dog and the oldest when we brought him home. Ralfie was 8 or 9, we think he was older than that. Tess and Rayven were eight weeks approx. Glad we were able to show Ralfie true love unlike the bastards who dumped him, he was so skeletal. I'm gutted by his passing. Crying now.

E5UO7NNX0AcNBwO?format=jpg&name=900x900

Bruce went to the vet last week and he's up to 17.5 pounds so somebody's going on a diet.  He's such an adorable little fatty, though.

One of our older cats, Simon, had a seizure a couple of weeks ago, which was terrifying since he jumped up from a dead sleep and ran in circles before he fell down.  He's been fine since and his bloodwork was fine but it's another reminder that he's getting older.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zimbra said:

E5UO7NNX0AcNBwO?format=jpg&name=900x900

Bruce went to the vet last week and he's up to 17.5 pounds so somebody's going on a diet.  He's such an adorable little fatty, though.

One of our older cats, Simon, had a seizure a couple of weeks ago, which was terrifying since he jumped up from a dead sleep and ran in circles before he fell down.  He's been fine since and his bloodwork was fine but it's another reminder that he's getting older.  

That looks like one awesomely happy cat, though! Hopefully losing a couple of pounds doesn't hinder his obvious talents of enjoying life to the fullest!

• Like 1