DVDVR Message Board

That Pet Photos thread

MarcosLoura

On 7/2/2020 at 5:19 AM, Pete said:

My ex Kris's cat Midnight was the same way... always gave you lots of "sugar" but never wanted to be held. Of course I'm the Pet Whisperer so the first time I was invited over I picked Midnight up like it was nothing and she went along with it. I couldn't understand why Kris was suddenly running for her camera. ?

Our Jorkens (we thought she was a boy when we named her...) is the same, very affectionate, but she can't stand being held or picked up. 

I can't be too specific at this point, but my next Airedale (a little girl that will tentatively be named Mischief) is one of these little ones. They are two weeks old, and just starting to get a handle on this whole 'walking' thing.

2FJTRG.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JLSigman said:

Looks just like our Cersei, including the look of general disdain for all things not related to food or slumber.

• Like 1

On 7/28/2020 at 9:11 PM, DouglasC said:

To narrow it down from 9 to 6, Mischief will be one of these little girls.

BGVk9g.jpg

11 hours ago, Control said:

EeNwAH5XsAcdJ5Q?format=jpg&name=large

Brought Louis home today. He hates his leash.

Aww, bless. Enjoy them xxx.

• Like 1

117743252_10157633374138862_754853950696

Rayven Clay is five today. When we brought Rayven home, we found out she was born on the 13th of August 2015. We couldn't believe it because Tess Clay, our first family dog passed away on the 13th of August 2015 three days after turning 13.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm taking care of two certified chonkers this week at the cat rescue.  Meet Twinkie:

0SAzSgD.jpg

And Peaches:

RBH4Iyk.jpg

They are both huge sweethearts, in all senses of the word.  Although Peaches has some pretty serious hygiene issues related to her inability to reach her ass.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Zimbra said:

I'm taking care of two certified chonkers this week at the cat rescue.  Meet Twinkie:

0SAzSgD.jpg

And Peaches:

RBH4Iyk.jpg

They are both huge sweethearts, in all senses of the word.  Although Peaches has some pretty serious hygiene issues related to her inability to reach her ass.

Good Lord! That's some feline tonnage! They were at the rescue? What were they being rescued from, dinner? Granted, our Jackpot is just over twenty lbs., and my little guy, Seven (Jackpot's twin bro) is close to 19 lbs. but they're both built for it.

• Like 1

I love a big cat, but Peaches is about 19# and Twinkie is pushing 20 and neither is especially-large framed.  They should be about 10-12 pounds apiece at a healthy weight.  And I'm pretty sure Twinkie was getting fed people food before he was surrendered because I had a burger before I went in and he was very interested in smelling my breath and hands.  Peaches got her ass cleaned and is much happier for it.

We also have some grey kitties in who are just aggressively friendly.  Meet Squirt and Cosmo:

yjVnNYg.jpeg

Socks is even more aggressive about getting pets, but prefers a different tack:

qg4Hsdv.jpeg

• Like 3

Aforementioned chonker Twinkie is being adopted and going home tonight!  I discovered last week that when I let him out of his room he would follow me around, which turned into us taking nightly constitutionals around the center:

I will miss this big galoot but he will make his new family very happy

• Like 3