DVDVR Message Board

caley

"Free Churro" might be the best 25 minutes of television I've ever seen. And OF COURSE they follow that with something completely batshit bonkers. The second I heard "Bobo the Angsty Zebra" I knew what the payoff was going to be, and it did not. Let. Me. Down. 

You're wrong, BoJack. There are exactly 2 people in this world you can count on: Raphael Bob-Waksberg and Lisa Hanawalt.

Also, the only thing that seems dated about the show is that practically the entire nuts and bolts plot feels like the creators met Nic Pizzolatto at a party and went whole hog into lampooning True Detective with Philbert.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

I hate all of you for underselling this show to me.  It's amazing how an insane goofy comedy morphed so gradually into hard drama that I didn't even notice. 

One of the few good things about being stuck at home was that I got to watch this all.  (I'm 4 episodes from the end, and I think I know how it turns out, but I can't wait to see how they get there.)

• Like 2

Okay so,

Spoiler

I was convinced the end was going to be Bojack dying.  I was almost a little disappointed by him being alive, at first.  Then I realized, Bojack dying would be a happy ending for him.  I really don't think he deserves one, despite changing his ways in the final half of the final season.  But then I realized, they were giving everyone but Bojack a happy ending. Diane, Todd, Mr. PB, Princess Carolyn... all of them get their issues resolved and are in a better place at the end.  Bojack might be... though PC telling him that the Unicorn movie was going to be a big hit and his subsequent lust for power seems to indicate that not much is going to change.  

Overall, what a great show.    

Also, Amy Sedaris needs to get hazard pay for getting her head around the absolutely insane tongue twisters they came up with for her character, while acting in the role.  She fucking rules.

• 4 months later...

Albino rhino gyno I know is also a wino! Thanks to this board I became aware of this show and when I finally got Netflix subscription, (after few other shows )I got around to this one and I'm midway through season 3 and it has been amazing so far.

• Like 2

Already into early season 6, but I just want to throw a few things out there:

Since the 90's was smack dab in the middle of "my time", I got a special kick out of these little things...

"So, what are you, like an Asian Daria?" or something to that affect! THANK YOU! Thanks for bringing that up for yourselves, so I didn't have to ask around here if that was the case!

Sir-Mix-Alot on that "slightly" modified "future female leaders" TV show (reasoning why he was one of the judges) "If people know ONE thing about me, it's that 'I cannot lie!' " No, dude, it's literally the second thing people know about you, if they knew more than one thing!

And also, referring back to the Albino Rhino gyno, the Princess Catelynn's quip about " what makes you an expert on my fertility?", answered by "well, I'm a gynegologist. I specialize on fertility..." and so forth. So it makes him literally "the expert" on the subject! That was priceless, among so many other priceless things on this show!