DVDVR Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
Dolfan in NYC

YOU'RE ACTING LIKE A HOSER

"My speech > your speech"

- still every white guy ever apparently

• Like 2

Plus, it's not like hockey players are known to have any political leanings other than mostly being farm boys of privilege and Ken Dryden. 

I'm actually happy in this case that hockey is more or less off the radar in the US, because the optics of the sport thought of as the "rich white sport" (regardless of my own disdain for America projecting its shit onto everyone) having the USA coach behaving this way is incredibly bad. It's so tone deaf to what the issues were, and on top of that it smells more than a little of small time publicity stunt.

Wait until we hear from Don on this. torts will sound like a Berkeley liberal compared to Grapes. 

They made an interesting point on this on 590. even someone progressive on social issues like Burke took a hardline stance on the anthem thing. 

Burke is a really interesting guy.

Sometimes he can be incredibly childish (still challenging other management people to fights), but he's also at times been incredibly progressive and the kind of support he's given his son Patrick and the whole You Can Play movement is very commendable.

His kids all seem like stand up people, at least based on what we see of them through social media, so he must have done something right.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, DouglasC said:

Gotta say - I'm not gonna sweat over something someone retweeted when they were THIRTEEN.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tabe said:

Gotta say - I'm not gonna sweat over something someone retweeted when they were THIRTEEN.

You're not going to get far on the internet if you keep trying to be reasonable.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Player One said:

You're not going to get far on the internet if you keep trying to be reasonable.

Dammit. You're right. I'll be a judgmental douche next time. 

For the record, having been to Denver, I am a fan of Mr. Dogg's products.

In other news, Austin Watson has been suspended indefinitely by the NHL for "ongoing issues with alcohol abuse." 

Evgeny Kuznetsov may or may not be a cokehead according to a video that's been posted and deleted from social media. 

Washington is "investigating."

On 5/28/2019 at 10:38 AM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Evgeny Kuznetsov may or may not be a cokehead according to a video that's been posted and deleted from social media. 

Washington is "investigating."

so apparently in the NHL cocaine use is a not a violation of the drug policy. in 2019 😟.   You think people in the NFL union are pissed off right now knowing the kind of shit they get into for weed

On 8/23/2019 at 1:02 PM, hammerva said:

so apparently in the NHL cocaine use is a not a violation of the drug policy. in 2019 😟.   You think people in the NFL union are pissed off right now knowing the kind of shit they get into for weed

Well there is.  Cocaine use is rare in the NHL.  The NHL policy is to give a player with a hard drug problem a leave and put them into a treatment facility and they will be reinstated if they complete the program.  The former punishment used to be for a full year suspension.  Grant Fuhr and Don Murdoch I think were the only ones that got nailed on that one

Edited by Serious Darius Bagfelt

Cocaine use is 100% not rare in the NHL. Hockey players fucking love that shit.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 9/4/2019 at 6:07 PM, elizium said:

Cocaine use is 100% not rare in the NHL. Hockey players fucking love that shit.

Quoted for accuracy