DVDVR Message Board

YOU'RE ACTING LIKE A HOSER

Dolfan in NYC

I'm actually happy in this case that hockey is more or less off the radar in the US, because the optics of the sport thought of as the "rich white sport" (regardless of my own disdain for America projecting its shit onto everyone) having the USA coach behaving this way is incredibly bad. It's so tone deaf to what the issues were, and on top of that it smells more than a little of small time publicity stunt.

Wait until we hear from Don on this. torts will sound like a Berkeley liberal compared to Grapes. 

They made an interesting point on this on 590. even someone progressive on social issues like Burke took a hardline stance on the anthem thing. 

Burke is a really interesting guy.

Sometimes he can be incredibly childish (still challenging other management people to fights), but he's also at times been incredibly progressive and the kind of support he's given his son Patrick and the whole You Can Play movement is very commendable.

His kids all seem like stand up people, at least based on what we see of them through social media, so he must have done something right.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
8 hours ago, Player One said:

You're not going to get far on the internet if you keep trying to be reasonable.

Dammit. You're right. I'll be a judgmental douche next time. 

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

For the record, having been to Denver, I am a fan of Mr. Dogg's products.

In other news, Austin Watson has been suspended indefinitely by the NHL for "ongoing issues with alcohol abuse." 

• 3 months later...

Evgeny Kuznetsov may or may not be a cokehead according to a video that's been posted and deleted from social media. 

Washington is "investigating."

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2019 at 1:02 PM, hammerva said:

so apparently in the NHL cocaine use is a not a violation of the drug policy. in 2019 ?.   You think people in the NFL union are pissed off right now knowing the kind of shit they get into for weed

Well there is.  Cocaine use is rare in the NHL.  The NHL policy is to give a player with a hard drug problem a leave and put them into a treatment facility and they will be reinstated if they complete the program.  The former punishment used to be for a full year suspension.  Grant Fuhr and Don Murdoch I think were the only ones that got nailed on that one

Edited by Serious Darius Bagfelt

• 2 months later...

As a non-Canadian I never got how Cherry was still around. His hockey knowledge kind of hit a wall about 10 years ago and he became most gimmick.    I mean I guess he is their Archie Bunker in that he is supposedly everyone favorite bigot but eventually you have to put grandpa in the corner

Edited by hammerva

4 minutes ago, hammerva said:

As a non-Canadian I never got how Cherry was still around. His hockey knowledge kind of hit a wall about 10 years ago and he became most gimmick.    I mean I guess he is their Archie Bunker in that he is supposedly everyone favorite bigot but eventually you have to put grandpa in the corner

I'd say more like the Dick Vitale of Canada, if Vitale made you cringe for being an ignoramus instead of being a cliched shtick machine.

Hmm... maybe like the bastard lovechild of Vitale and Walt Frazier.

walt-clyde-frazier.jpg?quality=90&strip=

I find this to be every bit as contemptible as the time another outrage mob ran Bill Maher off the air for wrongthink, or for that matter anytime anyone anywhere on the political spectrum has been taken down by an outrage mob.