DVDVR Message Board

YOU'RE ACTING LIKE A HOSER

Dolfan in NYC

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

How Detroit has never been fined, or had to start a home game with a penalty due to that embarrassing awful caveman animal sacrifice to the Gods bullshit, when their own staff are so clearly in on both promoting it and letting it occur, is beyond all explanation.

The worst tradition in sports. More gross than Glasgow Rangers songs about made up child abuse.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The worst thing about the Kane thing are the people saying he is getting heat because of his race. No, he's getting heat because he is a recidivist blockhead who seems to have a knack for finding trouble. He's being hit with relatively minor charges and I hope he learns from it because if he doesn't odds are he will get in trouble again for something more serious.

4 hours ago, Jerome Miller said:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/jets-bobby-hull-hall-fame-debate-1.3698139

So the Jets' decision to induct Bobby "Woman Puncher" Hull into their HOF has backfired horribly.  

Without Bobby Hull does the WHA get off the ground?

Without Bobby Hull do the Jets survive?

Without Bobby Hull does the NHL ever come to Winnipeg?

I think it's very likely the answer is "no". He's being inducted into a Jets HOF, not a Husbands HOF. If we start using non hockey behavior as a standard where do we stop? Do we pull down Potvin's #5 and kick him out of the Isles HOF? Do we refuse to honor Ray Bourque for DWI? Do we demand the Sabres pull the banner down for Tim Horton? 

3 hours ago, sabremike said:

havior as a standard where do we stop? Do we pull down Potvin's #5 and kick him out of the Isles HOF? Do we refuse to honor Ray Bourque for DWI? Do we demand the Sabres pull the banner down for Tim Horton? 

There's a difference between being notorious for beating the shit out of your wife, and dwi

53 minutes ago, Freudian_Slap said:

There's a difference between being notorious for beating the shit out of your wife, and dwi

Canada feels DUI is serious enough that if you have that on your record you are generally banned from entering the country. I don't have the numbers but it would not shock me if more people are killed by drunk driving than domestic violence. Point being that DWI isn't some frivolous offense.

Thing was Joanne Hull was no shrinking violet herself.  The story got around and was well publicized that she got into a screaming match with Bobby Hull after he signed the Winnipeg deal saying ,"why would you want to live in Winnipeg and play for that fat Jew."  Of course the fat Jew in question was within ear shot of that

16 hours ago, sabremike said:

I think it's very likely the answer is "no". He's being inducted into a Jets HOF, not a Husbands HOF. If we start using non hockey behavior as a standard where do we stop? Do we pull down Potvin's #5 and kick him out of the Isles HOF? Do we refuse to honor Ray Bourque for DWI? Do we demand the Sabres pull the banner down for Tim Horton? 

Listening to a bunch of CBC programming talk about the Hull controversy via my local NPR affiliate, there are apparently a lot of Canadian reporters and fans who would say yes to all of those examples.

A lot of (most) Americans don't realize just how progressive Canada really is.  The Cleveland Browns are getting ready to unveil a statue of Jim Brown, and in Cleveland everyone will go "he's the greatest NFL player who ever lived" while in Canada there would be a thousand 'think pieces' going "Why are we building a statue for a guy who spent time in jail for throwing his girlfriend off of a balcony."

On July 28, 2016 at 11:37 PM, Serious Darius Bagfelt said:

Thing was Joanne Hull was no shrinking violet herself.  The story got around and was well publicized that she got into a screaming match with Bobby Hull after he signed the Winnipeg deal saying ,"why would you want to live in Winnipeg and play for that fat Jew."  Of course the fat Jew in question was within ear shot of that

Yeah, that's total grounds for her to be beaten repeatedly. </sarcasm>

• Like 1

• 1 month later...