DVDVR Message Board

YOU'RE ACTING LIKE A HOSER

Dolfan in NYC

Wait, how is the Kane thing something that can BE settled? Is it not a criminal investigation? Is buying your freedom really this blatant?

It really shouldn't be and it is bullshit, even if he's innocent. I love the Blackhawks and all, and the rest of the fans of my team would exile me, but I really don't want the Hawks to have anything to do with Kane at this point, even if it means the team is basically Toews, Keith and Crawford.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not even sure what the hell is going on with the turn the Patrick Kane case took tonight. The accuser's lawyer is backing out of the case because the story about how the evidence bag was acquired isn't passing a litmus test. The lawyer made it clear this was not something actually perpetrated by the alleged victim herself. The rest I'm not even totally clear on what the hell is going on but it's really, really strange, and I'm too tired and stressed out to wade through it.

RE: Kassian's car accident that put him in hospital with minor injuries.

Chris Johnston @reporterchris 3m3 minutes ago

Marc Bergevin says he's "disappointed" in Zack Kassian: "Put it this way: It happened early in the morning. I don't have all the details."

Mark Spector @SportsnetSpec 2m2 minutes ago

Kassian "lacks character and judgement." - Bergevin.

Mmm hmm.

My Aaron Ward story:

Ward was a freshman at the University of Michigan while I was at Western Michigan. We had a group of people that attended all WMU hockey games and we always got the same seats - right next to the opposing team penalty box. Anyway, one night U of M is in town with Ward, a first round draft pick of Winnipeg, coming with them (he'd been traded to the Red Wings by this point). They're beating us 2-0 but Ward has done absolutely nothing the whole game. He ends up getting a penalty and we're letting him have it really good in the box. He takes it and takes it and says nothing back. We give him more grief and he just quietly points to the scoreboard. We all kind of just looked at each like "well, can't really respond to that" and sat back down :)

What a waste of a draft pick that was. He never even remotely came close to playing like a #5 overall pick.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...