DVDVR Message Board

YOU'RE ACTING LIKE A HOSER

Dolfan in NYC

Bowman's explanation was laughably awful: a nice combination of "But I was just in my first year!" and the Joe Paterno "But I told my superiors and then never followed up at all and somehow didn't even know the details of the allegation at all!" defense.  Good riddance.

• Like 1

Seems the mob is now turning their attention to Toews and Kane, based on social media. And those two just happen to be on the covid list and unavailable to the media. 

also

Edited by odessasteps
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Joel Quenneville will meet with Gary Bettman tomorrow.

?

Given that he knew about it and did basically nothing, Quenneville probably should be run out of the league.

• Like 1

Chevy asked to move his meeting up with Bettman to today, I guess he didn't want to go through the weekend with the ax hanging over his neck.

I like Chevy, but he's got to go. He's done a good job considering the limitations on getting players to want to come to Winnipeg, but replacing a GM who has put together a team that has won 3 playoff series in 10 years shouldn't be too hard.

No one who was in that meeting should have a job in the NHL (and if I'm not mistaken, he is the only one left)

The Chicago Blackhawks have asked that the NHL stamp out Brad Aldrich's name on the Stanley Cup in light of this week's Kyle Beach report.  Apparently they were OK with his name being there when he was "just" a convicted child sex offender.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The San Jose Sharks placed Evander Kane on waivers Saturday and told him they plan to terminate his contract for "breach" and for violating AHL COVID-19 protocols.

Other teams will have the opportunity to claim Kane in the next 24 hours. If he goes unclaimed, the Sharks will terminate the remainder of his deal, which carries a cap hit of $7 million through the 2024-25 season.

Kane's agent declined to comment to ESPN on Saturday.

After serving a 21-game suspension for submitting a fake vaccination card, Kane was assigned to the AHL in November. The Sharks said Kane was fully vaccinated before being reinstated.

San Jose was trying to trade Kane over the past two months, sources told ESPN, as they believed there was no longer a future with him on the roster given the fractured relationship. According to sources, several teams expressed interest in trading for Kane, though talks never got past preliminary stages. The Sharks were willing to retain some of Kane's $7 million salary, but were hoping to find a third-party team to retain even more, which would help facilitate the trade.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/33019988/san-jose-sharks-place-evander-kane-waivers-plan-terminate-contract-violating-ahl-covid-19-protocols

The ECHL has indefinitely suspended Jacksonville Icemen defenseman Jacob Panetta, pending a hearing for what South Carolina Stingrays defenseman Jordan Subban said was a racist taunt on Saturday night.

"The South Carolina Stingrays are disgusted and appalled by last night's incident involving Jordan Subban," Stingrays team president Rob Concannon said in a statement. "Our organization stands in support of our friend and teammate, Jordan, as well as all other players who continue to deal with racism and discrimination. This behavior is unacceptable and has to stop."

The Jacksonville Icemen said in a statement that the organization is cooperating with the ECHL's review of the incident.

-----------

The game was in overtime when South Carolina's Andrew Cherniwchan collided with Jacksonville goalie Justin Kapelmaster, sparking a skirmish between the teams. According to Subban, he tried to engage Panetta in a fight. Panetta responded by allegedly taunting Subban, who is Black.

"As soon as I began to turn my back, he started making monkey gestures at me, so I punched him in the face multiple times and he turtled like the coward he is," Subban tweeted.

The two fought while surrounded by players from both teams. They received major penalties and misconduct penalties that sent them to their locker rooms. Subban's teammate Nico Blachman left the Stingrays bench to punch Panetta and was also given a game misconduct.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/33131061/echl-suspends-jacob-panetta-indefinitely-racist-taunt-jordan-subban

And that occurred literally one day after this

The incident occurred one day after the American Hockey League suspended San Jose Barracuda forward Krystof Hrabik for 30 games after he made a racist gesture toward Boko Imama of the Tucson Roadrunners in a Jan. 12 game. Hrabik, 22, imitated the movements of a monkey in a taunt that targeted Imama, who is Black.

Hrabik will have the option to take part in training with the NHL's Player Inclusion Committee, for which P.K. Subban is listed as a co-chair, to reduce his suspension. He can apply to the AHL for reinstatement after missing 21 games, and a decision will be "based on an evaluation of his progress in the necessary education and training" with the Player Inclusion Committee.

On 1/23/2022 at 12:47 PM, RIPPA said:

And then an absolution piece appeared in today's Toronto Sun, featuring this:

FJ87AviXMAk8Ph6?format=png&name=small

Of note, neither the referee who called the penalty, nor Subban were interviewed for this piece.