DVDVR Message Board

Fantasy Football 2015 Catch All Thread

elizium

In the 2QB league, my opponent and I are both 6-6 and I'm holding onto 4th place by a thread. I'm also 2nd in PF and 2nd in PA, go figure. I should have a playoff spot locked up with how many points I put up, but 6 opponents have gotten lucky this year against me. Anyway, going into last night, my opponent was projected to win by 10 points.

He started Eddie Lacy and Megatron.

I'm now projected to win by 10 points.

I'm sure I'll lose by 20.

My prediction is holding true. FUCK EVERYTHING. I played Carr and Jameis thinking Tyrod and Hoyer wouldn't have good games. Fucking bullshit.

And then I started Rudolph since Gronk is hurt. That worked out well.

I'm basically having squash matches in the DVDVR free league. Once the MNF game is over, it will be NINE straight wins.

Allen Robinson and Antonio Brown just committed bloody murder this week.

I'm a Gronk owner. .5 PPR league. Do I try to claim:

- Chandler

- Rudolph

- Clay

- Rodgers

- Daniels

From a matchup standpoint, Rudolph may be the best choice and a sleeper pick. Seahawks are giving up the 2nd most points to TE this season. Daniels has the 2nd best matchup against the Chargers, but those targets could just as easily go to Davis. Out of the five though, Clay may be the most athletic AND talented, but I do think Rudolph is very talented, he just lacks some athleticism. As for Chandler, I have nothing left in my budget, so I doubt I'm getting him. He's my first pick so I could get lucky and claim him if no one else does, but my first backup choice will be the one I likely get.

I also left out McDonald because the Bears are a tough matchup for TEs and I've seen more than a few Niners fans say these last two games have been a fluke.

So what do you guys think? Playoffs are on the line.

Hindsight says hope you picked up Rodgers. I did, as a replacement for Eifert...and then didn't realize that the Packers were the Thursday game so he and his big game sat on my bench.

I'm a Gronk owner. .5 PPR league. Do I try to claim:

- Chandler

- Rudolph

- Clay

- Rodgers

- Daniels

From a matchup standpoint, Rudolph may be the best choice and a sleeper pick. Seahawks are giving up the 2nd most points to TE this season. Daniels has the 2nd best matchup against the Chargers, but those targets could just as easily go to Davis. Out of the five though, Clay may be the most athletic AND talented, but I do think Rudolph is very talented, he just lacks some athleticism. As for Chandler, I have nothing left in my budget, so I doubt I'm getting him. He's my first pick so I could get lucky and claim him if no one else does, but my first backup choice will be the one I likely get.

I also left out McDonald because the Bears are a tough matchup for TEs and I've seen more than a few Niners fans say these last two games have been a fluke.

So what do you guys think? Playoffs are on the line.

Hindsight says hope you picked up Rodgers. I did, as a replacement for Eifert...and then didn't realize that the Packers were the Thursday game so he and his big game sat on my bench.

Rodgers or Clay would have been excellent choices and I went with Rudolph because of the matchup. Then I placed Gronk on IR and picked up ASJ.

THEY BOTH SUCKED. 

TE has been a black hole in my league outside the Eifert, Kelce and Gronk owners. I think every other one has been waived at least once by a frustrated owner. I've started 7 guys over 13 games myself. This was the first time I've started a guy three weeks straight -  Julius Thomas.

Before that I had Eric Ebron, Talk about a guy who makes you wanna throw your remote at the screen.

TE has been a black hole in my league outside the Eifert, Kelce and Gronk owners. I think every other one has been waived at least once by a frustrated owner. I've started 7 guys over 13 games myself. This was the first time I've started a guy three weeks straight -  Julius Thomas.

Before that I had Eric Ebron, Talk about a guy who makes you wanna throw your remote at the screen.

The league I'm in at my former workplace got rid of the TE position 4 years ago by a unanimous vote. You can play a TE in the flex spot if you want, so guys like Gronk and Graham still get drafted.

That's actually pretty cool, regarding dropping the TE position. I have Gates and Kelce in my other league and I've played Kelce every week but his bye week. He's been astoundingly consistently average. I'm really considering picking up ASJ or Clay, but I hesitate to tinker with a team that is now 11-2 and has the most points for. ASJ has a super sexy matchup against the Saints though...

If Gronk doesn't come back this year, I'm fucked in my 2 QB league. I really don't want to rely on the waiver wire and I can't rely on ASJ the rest of the season unless he plays like he did week 1.

Although, the TE position isn't THAT bad. Gronk, Eifert, Kelce, Gates, Walker, Olsen, Thomas,  and Barnidge are all pretty damn good. Outside of that there's Ertz, Clay, Rodgers and Watson. That's 12 reliable to kinda ok TEs to start with.

Although, the TE position isn't THAT bad. Gronk, Eifert, Kelce, Gates, Walker, Olsen, Thomas,  and Barnidge are all pretty damn good. Outside of that there's Ertz, Clay, Rodgers and Watson. That's 12 reliable to kinda ok TEs to start with.

The recent evolution into the hyper-athletic TE (started with Gonzalez, now guys like Gronk, Gates, Thomas) might make the position more relevant again but for years there was basically 3 tier 1 guys and bunch of tier 4.

The lack of consistent depth at TE is one of the reasons I've found it baffling that basically every single year Yahoo advises people not to draft Antonio Gates, who has been one of the most reliable guys at the position.

Well except this year :-)

Fantasy Football is fucking stupid.  

13 weeks of dealing with losing Steve Smith/Julian Edelman/a million Arizona running backs for a 8-4 record In my big money league & I just fell from 1st place with a 1st round bye to 6th because Cairo Santos missed a fucking extra point.

• Like 1

TE has been a black hole in my league outside the Eifert, Kelce and Gronk owners. I think every other one has been waived at least once by a frustrated owner. I've started 7 guys over 13 games myself. This was the first time I've started a guy three weeks straight - Julius Thomas.

Kelce has been sitting on my bench all season because I drafted him and Eifert. I offered him up for trade several times, but no takers.