DVDVR Message Board

Fantasy Football 2015 Catch All Thread

elizium

Return of the Mack, in honor of Khalil Mack. Although, since the league is for another board with a bunch of wrestling fans, my little picture is of Rodney Mack.

Survived, as Gordon only scored 8 points. 6-3, lost Dion Lewis. I have Blount, though.

Two leagues are my standard "Greeneville GATS", one is the classic "Pause No Romo" and lastly, you have "Brittle Bob-omb". Went 2-2 this week, would be 3-1 if I played Cam instead of Tom Brady.

Damn, 7-2 only gets you 3rd? Is there a tie for first or something?

My 2 QB league has done something I haven't experienced before, which is nearly every team having the same record. So right now, playoffs are being determined by points for the most part.

3 Leagues (and I change my team names every year)

1) In one league, I cycle through gang names from The Warriors, am currently The Rogues.

2) The Black Prince in another (won this league two years ago, so I named my team The King Upon His Throne, but didn't win last year, so I downgraded myself to a prince). Team logo is Edward the Black Prince's tomb.

3) In my last league, I am The Fightin' Shia Labeoufs. Sadly, this is my worst team as I am currently playing for a high pick.

So what's everybody's team names this year? We started a new league on ESPN this year so I changed my team from Mr. Burns' Hired Goons to the Stamford McMahons. Traded one evil billionaire for another.

Irsay's Bag of Pills.

I've been offered a trade in my 2 QB league...

I get: Doug Martin and Josh McCown

I give up: Carson Palmer

I'm intrigued. Martin hasn't looked all that good the last couple weeks and Palmer has been very consistent all season. On the other hand, I have Tyrod, Carr, and Peyton as QBs on my team and I'm starting Tyrod and Carr.

I've been looking to improve my RB situation, but now all of a sudden, my RB picture looks pretty good. I have Ingram, CJ2K, Stewart, Starks, Blue and Karlos. Those guys aren't going to win me a championship, but I'm wondering if it's even worth giving up the QB depth to take on Martin and drop Blue.

Dude, I would pick Hoyer back up. If for some reason Rivers goes down or loses even more receivers and RBs, then you have Hoyer throwing to a top 3 WR1 in Hopkins and either Nate Washington or Cecil Jones III, and Hoyer's going to be throwing A LOT.  

Listening to Bill Simmons podcast, and he just picked up Carr. Is Derek Carr still available in leagues? His stats are comparable to Rodgers this season.

I'm in a 12 team league, and, while I drafted him in the last round, I'm really surprised he'd still be available. I honestly think that dumping Peyton for him two weeks was the best fantasy move I've ever made.

That's pretty much how I feel. I was 0-2 when I made the switch, I'm 6-3 now, in third, solidly in the playoffs, only the top 4 in my league have winning records.

Thanks to Carr, the subsequent rebirth of Michael Crabtree, and Dion Lewis, I survived the loss of Dez.

Oh yea - now I remember why I hate fantasy so much.  Team is a wasteland of wide receivers after Steve Smith & Edleman are gone and blowing all my FAB budget this week on Danny Amendola and Ted Ginn.

Oh yea - now I remember why I hate fantasy so much.  Team is a wasteland of wide receivers after Steve Smith & Edleman are gone and blowing all my FAB budget this week on Danny Amendola and Ted Ginn.

I lost Bell and Smith the same week. If I didn't pick up Carr off the waiver wire my year would've been over.

And speaking of awful Peyton, he's been traded 3x in my league this year. It's kinda hilarious how nobody quite wants to believe he's done so he keeps getting packaged to somebody who thinks, "This is the week he turns it around..." when really he should've been an unclaimed FA since the Raider game.

This fucking PPR league is the no-trade league. There's two guys with huge issues that are holding onto the playoffs by a thread.

- I offered Team 1 Palmer, CJ2K or Murray, and Sanders for Todd Gurley. This guy has Bradford as a QB and his only good WR now is Demerius. He declines. I come back with Rivers, CJ2K or Murray, Sanders, AND Gates for Gurley and a TE or Mike Evans. Nope. Declines it.

- Team 2 has no QB now and shitty options at TE. I offer him Palmer, CJ2K or Murray, and Gates for AP. He declines it. I come back with Rivers, CJ2K or Murray, Gates and Sanders for AP. He declines that too.

Jesus fucking Christ. Both of these teams are bound to not make the playoffs because they have tough matchups and teams that are falling apart. I'm 8-2, I have the 2nd bye right now, and I have a lot of depth at QB, WR and TE. I want to improve my chances at keeping the 2nd bye and I'm trying to help them have a chance at making the playoffs or even winning our toilet bowl (non championship game team with the most points through the playoffs), but they're intent on keeping their RB and letting their other positions rot, thinking that AP or Gurley will win them the league.

So stupid.

This fucking PPR league is the no-trade league. There's two guys with huge issues that are holding onto the playoffs by a thread.

- I offered Team 1 Palmer, CJ2K or Murray, and Sanders for Todd Gurley. This guy has Bradford as a QB and his only good WR now is Demerius. He declines. I come back with Rivers, CJ2K or Murray, Sanders, AND Gates for Gurley and a TE or Mike Evans. Nope. Declines it.

- Team 2 has no QB now and shitty options at TE. I offer him Palmer, CJ2K or Murray, and Gates for AP. He declines it. I come back with Rivers, CJ2K or Murray, Gates and Sanders for AP. He declines that too.

Jesus fucking Christ. Both of these teams are bound to not make the playoffs because they have tough matchups and teams that are falling apart. I'm 8-2, I have the 2nd bye right now, and I have a lot of depth at QB, WR and TE. I want to improve my chances at keeping the 2nd bye and I'm trying to help them have a chance at making the playoffs or even winning our toilet bowl (non championship game team with the most points through the playoffs), but they're intent on keeping their RB and letting their other positions rot, thinking that AP or Gurley will win them the league.

So stupid.

I fully understand what you're saying but would YOU trade Gurley? I wouldn't. Not for anything less than Brady and Gronk. Certainly not for what you're throwing out there.