DVDVR Message Board

Fantasy Football 2015 Catch All Thread

elizium

I'm fine with my QB depth. It could be worse. One team in my league has Josh McCown and Tyrod Taylor. Another has Teddy Bridgewater and Jameis Winston. I'll happily take Rodgers and Luck over that kind of situation.

So since I decided to try and win this year without drafting a single quality wide receiver or running back. Figuring guys like Jimmy Graham, Keenan Allen, and Roddy White would deliver me a championship this year. Luckily I snatched up Duke Johnson Jr a few weeks ago along with Murray from Oakland they have made for a respectable running back core. I had Williams from the Steelers at the start of the year and dropped him when Bell got Healthy. I wanted to pick him back up but was beat out on the waiver wire for him. I didn't start Johnson planning on going with Murray and Williams this week. 

So my question is I have two slots and four running backs that make me miserable just trying to figure who to start. I'm currently starting Anderson and Murray but I have Matthews and Melvin Gordon on the bench. Matthews is playing Dallas and they seem to have a decent running game and Philly's running attack is mostly shit. Gordon is playing Chicago. I'm leaning towards Anderson and Murray but my fear is that Anderson is the "backup" and may not get the touches needed. 

I just traded Ben - who I always feel icky about playing - and Ronnie Hillman for Brandin Cooks and Ryan Mathews. I have solid options at all positions, I'm 7-1 with 7 straight wins, but how much did I win or lose that trade?

To put things in context, I wasn't playing either of them and because bye weeks I would have been starting Andre Johnson at one of my WR spots.

I have an interesting flex spot decision.  I have the option of starting

• Brandin Cooks vs. Ten
  • Lamar Miller vs. Buf
  • Jarvis Landry vs. Buf
  • Antonio Gates vs. Chi

The rest of my team looks like this

1. QB - Phillip Rivers
  2. RB1 - Eddie Lacy
  3. RB2 - Mark Ingram
  4. WR1 - Stevie Johnson
  5. WR2 - Martavius Bryant
  6. TE - Tyler Eifert

Stevie Johnson with Allen being out is going to be Rivers' top target I would imagine. They are also playing Chicago not exactly a stiff defense. Ingram and the Saints have been moving the ball a lot better but of course they are a pass heavy team. I bet that Tyler guy winds up having a good game...

Dez Bryant really came through for me yesterday, especially since my opponent had Antonio Brown. I'm up 18 points, they have Melvin Gordon left. I feel like this is going to come down to the wire.

I got Stevie Johnson left to play and they got Gould, Langford and Jeffery. I'm projected to win by 22 but I'm not real sure I feel all that great about it. I should have played Ryan Matthews in the flex spot last night and I'd be taken care of for the week. 

I need help at running back, since I have Eddie Lacy (who is clearly BUST material).  The only trade gem that could get me a much needed running back is Tyler Eifert.  I am looking at making a trade for Tyler Eifert for Danny Woodhead.  What do you guys think?