DVDVR Message Board

Fantasy Football 2015 Catch All Thread

elizium

Lololol this is my first year in the PPR league I joined and it had been going on for 11 years. The guy who is in dead last has been saying all sorts of racist shit to me today on the league message board and is crying about how me picking up and dropping Marcel Reece a few times shows that I make all my picks based on what the Internet says.

So, he's pretty stupid, for a multitude of reasons. Like, really, calling me the N word? And this is someone who knows me and has been another family member's friend for years. So dumb. And Marcel Reece? Really?

All week long, I was agonizing over Dalton vs. Bortles. Both were projected for roughly the same point total (I think Bortles was 20.5 v 20 for Dalton). My gut said Bortles, but Dalton was given the higher matchup rating, and he'd gotten me this far.

Should've gone with my gut.

Also had Eifert and Yeldon starting. Brutal week, especially in the playoffs.

I am hoping Jarvis Landry and Lamar Miller can scoop up 35 points for me.  Playoffs that I have already locked up don't start til next week but I would still like to win.  I started Hoyer and regretted it (even though Rivers wasn't much better)

I had the bye in my PPR league since I came in 1st, so no concerns there, except for being worried about the points Hopkins and Sanders aren't putting up.

In my 2 QB league, I'm fighting for most points scored over weeks 14 through 17 to get my $100 back (all non-championship game teams compete for this). I feel like I avoided a disaster considering that Hopkins and Julio did fuck all because their QBs SUCK, I didn't get a notification from ESPN that Gronk was Probable until just before his game when it was known before 1 PM that he would play causing me to start ASJ instead, and Jameis was disappointing against the Saints. I scored 120.8 points and a few other teams were projected to score in the 150s. Only one team scored 155, another scored 135 and another scored 131. So at the most I'm down 34 to 35 points. I think I can make that back, but my team needs to score like it should. Plus, I would have scored 133 if I had started Gronk instead of ASJ.

Tyrod, Carr (or Jameis), J Stew, Martin, OBJ, Julio, Gronk, Hurns (or Powell, Denard, Ted Ginn...), a non-disappointing D and Gano scoring a consistent amount of points close to what they're projected at should allow me to win that $100 back.

Two 7-7 teams make the playoffs in the DVDVR free league. What a complete clusterfuck of a season, but I live another day. Now all I have to do is beat the team on a 10 week winning streak that just beat me in a rematch.

YOU ARE THE SHEAMUS I AM THE ROMAN

The fact that I have the Carolina D/ST and Cincy D/ST puts me at this wacky advantage every other week that is hard to overcome. If you start at 25 and they get an INT, TD, or a few sacks in the first half, your opponent is automatically screwed if a couple of his skill position players have off days.

Yeah folks, keep looking out for backs on the waiver wire. I'm just gonna enjoy these 30 and 40 point cushions.

• Like 1

Yeah I'm actually pretty happy at how the tweaked defense scoring works in terms of rewarding giving up few or no points against = fantasy results. And with the extra flex spot, it's not like there isn't offensive scoring out there. It's also hilarious/infuriating when you're sitting on a big D score, and then they give up a dreaded GARBAGE TIME TD and ruin everything.

Garbage Time is the most infuriating thing ever in fantasy football. Also known as RG III time, before this season.

Second on the waiver wire and I really need some RB insurance for the semis. Do I target Denard Robinson, Dujaun Harris or Bryce Brown, or Brandon Bolden?

I'm leaning Denard, since I don't want to risk grabbing the wrong Hawk and its always a crapshoot what Belichek does with his running backs.

In The Playoffs, trying to find a good line up.  Here is what I am working with..  (Starters in Bold)

QB

1. Rivers vs. MIA
  2. Tannehill vs. SD

RB

1. Lacy vs OAK
  2. Miller vs SD
  3. Hightower vs DET (probably flexing a 3rd RB)
  4. Powell vs DAL
  5. Bolden vs TEN

WR

1. Cooks vs DET
  2. Bryant vs DEN
  3. Lockett vs CLE
  4. Landry vs SD

The rest is pretty simple (Gates if Eifert is still in concussion protocol, Gano to kick da ball, and Bengals D against the Niners) Any thoughts, suggestions or ideas??  Thanks..

I've completely lucked my way into the semi-finals of the DVDVR pay league because of Tom Brady, Allen Robinson & OBJ.

No one else on my team is started in more than 40% of leagues (other than defense or kicker).

Fantasy is a dumb game.

The Saints D being totally shitty isn't automatic. There's been 2 or 3 times this season where it looked like the Saints D should have been torched and they weren't. Last week comes to mind. Jameis should have put up a ton of points and he didn't. I would trust Brady. There's still playoff implications and even with depleted weapons on offense, trust Brady to find a way.

My team as currently set for the semis. Starters in bold.

QB: Aaron Rodgers (@OAK)

RB: David Johnson (@PHI), Javorius Allen (KC), Brandon Bolden (TEN), Bryce Brown (CLE), Christine Michael (CLE), Darren McFadden (NYJ), Danny Woodhead (MIA)

WR: Antonio Brown (DEN), John Brown (@PHI), Davante Adams (@OAK), Desean Jackson (BUF), Jordan Matthews (ARI)

TE: Delanie Walker (@NE)

FLEX: Jordan Reed (BUF)

K: Chris Boswell (DEN)

D: Texans (@IND)

Injured: Legarrette Blount, Carlos Hyde