DVDVR Message Board

Fantasy Football 2015 Catch All Thread

elizium

The lack of consistent depth at TE is one of the reasons I've found it baffling that basically every single year Yahoo advises people not to draft Antonio Gates, who has been one of the most reliable guys at the position.

Well except this year :-)

Fantasy Football is fucking stupid.  

13 weeks of dealing with losing Steve Smith/Julian Edelman/a million Arizona running backs for a 8-4 record In my big money league & I just fell from 1st place with a 1st round bye to 6th because Cairo Santos missed a fucking extra point.

• Like 1

TE has been a black hole in my league outside the Eifert, Kelce and Gronk owners. I think every other one has been waived at least once by a frustrated owner. I've started 7 guys over 13 games myself. This was the first time I've started a guy three weeks straight - Julius Thomas.

Before that I had Eric Ebron, Talk about a guy who makes you wanna throw your remote at the screen.

Kelce has been sitting on my bench all season because I drafted him and Eifert. I offered him up for trade several times, but no takers.

When Peterson shit the bed I knew I was pretty much dead this week.

I'm amazed I won at all with Cutler's performance. You had a good squad, but there is a lot of parity this year. I wish we had one more game before the playoffs, as there are some deserving teams that didn't make it.

Leaving Mariota and Richard Rodgers on the bench hurt but on the brightside I got a bye this week in the consolation bracket.

What really killed me was like 4 weeks in a row if I didn't score 150 points I had no shot to win since I faced the top points scorer each week.

Is it time to give up on Randall Cobb? Megatron and Allen Robinson are auto-starts for me, so I need to figure out who my 3rd WR slot is gonna be between Cobb (vs. DAL), Stevie Johnson (vs. KC), and John Brown (vs. MIN). This is also a ppr league, and return yards count, if that matters.

Thanks ^_^

I have a similar decision to make in my PPR league. I have the bye, but points scored still matters in case I don't make it to the championship. So WR 1 and 2 are OBJ and Hopkins. For my Flex though, do I start Sanders (Oak), Hurns (Ind), or DeSean Jackson (@Chi)?

Jackson has looked really solid as of late. In his last 3 starts, he's scored 19, 14 and 18. Given my doubts with Sanders and BRRRROCK throwing to him, I'd roll with Hurns, but injuries have really been piling up on him. He battled through a lot of injuries this season to put up great numbers each week until that game against the Titans. Then again, he had 11 receptions and 28(!) points in the first meeting with Indy.

Then for my RBs, I have Shady, Latavius and Ware to choose from. I'm honestly thinking of benching Latavius just because of the matchup against Denver.

I'd bench Latavius because it seems that, when the Raiders offense is doing well, it's through the air. He's having a decent season, but Denver is a bad match-up for the Raider running game. I don't see a lot of upside there.

Some advice maybe? For the playoffs, my roster is contructed as thus:

RB: David Johnson (MIN), Buck Allen (SEA)

WR: Antonio Brown (@CIN), John Brown (MIN)

TE: Delanie Walker (@NYJ)

FLEX: Jordan Reed (@CHI)

Best bench options: Darren McFadden (@GB), LeGarrette Blount (@HOU), Jordan Matthews (BUFF), Desean Jackson (@CHI)

1. Allen aganst Seattle seems like a bad play, but I kind of hate the thought of putting McFadden in. It is a PPR league, so I figure even if Allen only gets 40 yards rushing or so, he should get 5+ receptions to balance it out.

2. I'm not terribly sold on Reed as my flex, but Matthews is useless unless he gets into the end zone and DJax is pretty much reliant on having one big play. Again, PPR, so I'm thinking about volume with Reed.

If it's PPR, I would go with Jackson in your flex. Even without the TDs, he's gone 5/87, 2/66, and 6/80 over the last few weeks and he's only looking better. The Bears are actually pretty good at defending TEs, so that's going to limit Reed's production.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Ingram has a serious shoulder injury. Possibly out for the season. FUCK EVERYTHING.

By the way, if you want to see how unlucky you were, check this out: https://blockee.shinyapps.io/BadLuckFF

In my 2QB league, I was exceedingly unlucky. In the 10,000 simulations that were run, I should have made the playoffs taking one of the 4 playoff spots 80% of the time.

While I input data into the simulator, I had to look back at how my score ranked each week. Out of 13 weeks, I was first in scoring 4 times. I was 3rd or 4th in scoring 4 more times. So 8 times in 13 games I placed in the top 4 and only won 6 motherfucking times.

I should have made the playoffs in roughly 95% of the simulations, and finished with 9 wins 70% of the time, so I guess, since I did both of those things, I wasn't really lucky nor unlucky?

Except for the fact that every single RB I have is gone now with Ingram going down. Hopefully I can snatch up CJ Spiller. I'm actually like 2nd or 3rd on the waiver wire because I haven't gotten any of my claims in weeks now.

I should have made the playoffs in roughly 95% of the simulations, and finished with 9 wins 70% of the time, so I guess, since I did both of those things, I wasn't really lucky nor unlucky?

Except for the fact that every single RB I have is gone now with Ingram going down. Hopefully I can snatch up CJ Spiller. I'm actually like 2nd or 3rd on the waiver wire because I haven't gotten any of my claims in weeks now.

It means it went down as it should have. In my PPR league that I went 11-2 in, I made the playoffs 99.4% of the time.

As far as RB go, someone in my league dropped Matt Jones today and I put in a claim on him just in case. Plus, Washington has a decent schedule ahead for RB.

The issue with DJax and Reed is it's a road game and the Redskins haven't won on the road this year plus Cousins numbers are bad on the road.

That is something I didn't know. Hrmm. I still think Jackson is a good play, better than Reed anyway. 

The guy who I beat by two points a few weeks back missed the playoffs by one win. Only reason I won is because Peyton Manning got him -6.6 points.

This week in the playoffs I am playing the guy I traded Aaron Rodgers to for Doug Martin and Joe Flacco. Good thing as my running back situation is horrid. With Demarco Murray being demoted I have to roll with Theo Riddick

Sometimes I wonder if ESPN is deliberately fucking with people. Before a few minutes ago, Hoyer was projected around 20 or 21 points in .5 PPR. Now he's projected at near 25 points.

Not fooling me. I'm sticking with Jameis and Tyrod, benching Carr and Hoyer.