DVDVR Message Board

Fantasy Football 2015 Catch All Thread

elizium

The Domer in me says Tyler Eifert, but I've been saying crazy things about him, like how he'll be better than Gronk one day, since he was drafted.

The skeptic in me says it was one huge week for Eifert and Graham has history on his side. I still think I would go with Eifert. He has some of the best hands at TE, he's huge and has a ridiculous vertical leap for a guy his size. Plus, in the game against Detroit, Ebron had the most receiving yards for Detroit and he had a touchdown. Eifert is way better than Ebron. Go with Eifert.

I have my own conundrum.

For my RB2 spot, do I go with Latavius Murray or Chris Johnson. Murray is going up against a Ravens defense while Johnson has to contend with Ellington possibly playing, but there's a shitty Bears defense trying to stop them. I'm leaning towards Johnson, but I think Johnson sucks. It's also a PPR league.

My other issue is whether or not I should sit Peyton in my 2 QB league. Week 1, I went with Peyton and Stafford, but had Palmer and Tyrod Taylor on my bench. Peyton has been so bad for so many games now, it's a Thursday game, and he's going up against KC. I really think I should bench Peyton for Palmer, but ESPN's stupid scoring predictor thing is showing Peyton scoring more points than Palmer.

I'm also thinking of benching Stafford for Taylor, and somehow, that's probably the crazier of my 2 QB questions. Stafford looked bad against SD, but he does get to go up against Minnesota, while Taylor would have to deal with NE. NE giving up a bunch of points to Pittsburgh is understandable because the Steelers have so many weapons and a good QB, even if Big Ben has mush for brains. The Bills have Percy Harvin, Sammy Watkins (who had no receptions) and Shady (who didn't look good week 1). Then again, I could see Taylor running for a bunch of yards and TDs against NE's defensive line, who made DeAngelo Williams look awesome.

Actually, now that I say that, I think I should bench Stafford for Taylor.

Craig, I wouldn't start Taylor until we see what he can do when his team is down. It's easy to look like a good QB when you get a big early lead and the pressure is off and the play calling can stay conservative. Chances are that Buffalo will at some point be losing, and I am still wary of Taylor when he has to press a little bit or win a game with his arm. Not saying that he won't wow us all again, but I think the safe money (at least for this week) is still Stafford. 

Here is my issue.  I have Lacy. I have always prescribed to the 'play your best player' theory, even if it is a bad match-up. But its a really bad match up against Seattle, and he struggled against Seattle last year. It is only a debate if Mason is deemed a healthy starter, otherwise I'd have no one to switch with him anyway of note. 

I'm sitting Peyton, who I massively reached for in the first, figuring he'd put up a ton of points in the first two thirds of the season, in favor of Bridgewater.

I'm also out Dez.

I snagged Travis Kelce and Eifert, but it's really hard to justify staying two TEs. I have Tavon Austin, Brandon Marshall, LaGarrette Blount, Mark Ingram, Kelce, Eifert, and Anquan Boldin all fighting for time.

The Domer in me says Tyler Eifert, but I've been saying crazy things about him, like how he'll be better than Gronk one day, since he was drafted.

The skeptic in me says it was one huge week for Eifert and Graham has history on his side. I still think I would go with Eifert. He has some of the best hands at TE, he's huge and has a ridiculous vertical leap for a guy his size. Plus, in the game against Detroit, Ebron had the most receiving yards for Detroit and he had a touchdown. Eifert is way better than Ebron. Go with Eifert.

Okay, then the next question for me is who to put in the flex spot. I've got:

Graham

Frank Gore (vs. NYJ)

Tayvon Austin (vs. WAS)

Doug Martin (vs. NO)

Thanks! :)

I'm sitting Peyton, who I massively reached for in the first, figuring he'd put up a ton of points in the first two thirds of the season, in favor of Bridgewater.

I'm also out Dez.

I snagged Travis Kelce and Eifert, but it's really hard to justify staying two TEs. I have Tavon Austin, Brandon Marshall, LaGarrette Blount, Mark Ingram, Kelce, Eifert, and Anquan Boldin all fighting for time.

But Bridgewater is even worse. . . .he couldn't even throw the ball 40 yards. . . 

I'm also out Dez.

But Bridgewater is even worse. . . .he couldn't even throw the ball 40 yards. . . 

I have Derek Carr too, but I'm worried because he's banged up. I really screwed the pooch on drafting QBs this year. The rest of my team is solid, but I've got NOTHING at QB.

Two flex questions

First league, non-PPR

Terrance Williams (@PHI)

Ameer Abdullah or Joique Bell (@MIN)

Davante Adams (SEA)

Currently have Abdullah in the spot, but am leaning towards Williams with Dez out.

Second league, PPR

Joseph Randle (@PHI)

John Brown (@CHI)

Davante Adams (SEA)

Brown is slotted in right now.

Thanks for any advice.