DVDVR Message Board

Fantasy Football 2015 Catch All Thread

elizium

It's kind of nice this year to only have to worry about one league. I was in two regular leagues before and would usually join a third for S&G, but this year wife of the guy who ran the second is due in a month and the one-off league didn't happen, so I can check one set of scores and I'm done.

So far, so good. Other guy has 11 points and Julio while I've got Ryan, Coleman, and Hyde.

Goddamn Carlos Hyde cost me two games this week. I hope he is this year's Jared Cook-- puts up monster points Week 1 and then proceeds to disappoint all season. I'm not wishing injury on Mr. Hyde, but rather he plays each week with a stat line that goes something like 15 carries for 40 yards. Just enough that you might play him, but always regret it.

Kevin, I hope my tears are salty enough for you. Good work. 

I sorry.  The funny part about our game is Bowman got you ahead again on the Vikings' last drive, it took Hyde getting garbage yards when they ran out the clock for me to sneak back in front. I prefer games not be that close but usually I am on the wrong end of it when they are.

My strategy of ignoring RB and QB for the first few rounds and focusing on bargains - Abdullah, Hyde, Brady, Bradford - was a risk but I think it's gonna work out.

If you are in a league where Brady is a bargain you are in a terrible league

• Like 1

No shit. How is Brady is a bargain? If it wasn't a keeper league, then Brady should have been gone in the first round, even if it was an 8 man league. Brady, Jones, Bell, and Gronk are all guys that would be true first rounders. By that list, it makes it look like you took Brady in the third round. How the hell does that happen?

Yep, Brady went in the 10th round in my ten team league - primarily because our Goodell-esque commissioner decreed the draft would be the Monday night after the third preseason game (yes, we're also a bunch of wrestling fans). Him going super late isn't really that illogical if you assumed the suspension was going to be upheld - four games + a bye week pretty much means you dont have him for almost half your fantasy season. Unless you're in a league where everybody makes the playoffs (or super cocky you'll get in) it wouldn't pay to take him early.

Yep, Brady went in the 10th round in my ten team league - primarily because our Goodell-esque commissioner decreed the draft would be the Monday night after the third preseason game (yes, we're also a bunch of wrestling fans). Him going super late isn't really that illogical if you assumed the suspension was going to be upheld - four games + a bye week pretty much means you dont have him for almost half your fantasy season. Unless you're in a league where everybody makes the playoffs (or super cocky you'll get in) it wouldn't pay to take him early.

My only response to this is:

All my drafts were before the suspension was lifted.

Thus you are in terrible leagues

Any league that drafts before the final preseason game is terrible

I can't understand why anyone would draft so far out.

Even with a full season of availability, Brady is not a first rounder in any reasonable league. He shouldn't even be the first QB off the board. I'm sure in basically every non keeper league, even ones that drafted after the suspension was lifted, he went behind Rodgers and Luck. 

Also, I blame Craig for reverse jinxing Julio Jones and costing me a week one victory. 

No one is saying he should be a first rounder

But him going in anything past say the 6th round says you either did the draft before the last preseason game or have 6 teams in the league

No shit. How is Brady is a bargain? If it wasn't a keeper league, then Brady should have been gone in the first round, even if it was an 8 man league. Brady, Jones, Bell, and Gronk are all guys that would be true first rounders. By that list, it makes it look like you took Brady in the third round. How the hell does that happen?

I was responding to this. 

No one is saying he should be a first rounder

But him going in anything past say the 6th round says you either did the draft before the last preseason game or have 6 teams in the league

Shit, I got him in the 3rd, 4th and 5th round respectively of the three DVDVR drafts and feel like I got an absolute steal in all of those.

Some people overvalue the shit out of QBs. In a keeper league with a max of 4 keepers, people were telling me I should have kept Russel Wilson, despite the fact that my team last year had Cobb, Megatron, Mike Evans, Hyde, and Gore. Why the hell would I keep Wilson over any of them? I picked up Matt Ryan in the third round of the draft, (7th if you count keepers,) and I'm perfectly fine at QB.

• Like 1