DVDVR Message Board

Fantasy Football 2015 Catch All Thread

elizium

See what other WRs he is willing to pair with Royal for Fitz.

Ended up not trading Fitty and gave him a 2nd rounder instead, which seems reasonable for taking a flyer on Stills. Dropped Montee Ball's useless ass to make room.

Need to decide on a WR3. I figure it's pretty much between Allen Robinson (vs. CAR) or Markus Wheaton (vs. NE), although I also have Charles Johnson (vs. SF). Right now, I have Wheaton in the slot, but I'm having second thoughts, due to Wheaton possibly getting more coverage due to Bryant, Bell, and Pouncey being out. Johnson seems to have emerged as Teddy Bridgewater's faqvorite reciever, so that counts for something, I guess. Robinson, I know has been making a lot of noise this preseason, but I don't know about trusting a receiver from Jacksonville. Thoughts?

Other people mentioned they have pay leagues, is it always a hassle to get people to pay?  I just want to go to people's houses and bop them in the head.

Friendly reminder for those in the DVDVR Pay League - draft is tomorrow night at 8 PM. Plan to be there or get your player list ready. Yahoo is much better than it used to be auto-drafting players, but they always mess up the IDP so be sure to log in before the games start on Thursday to fix your IDP.

The pay league I'm in had issues toe first couple years, generally with the same 2-3 people.  We changed to a rule that all money is due on Draft Night, and the ones that were problems were slowly cycled out.  

Every single cash league I ever ran (including ones way back when via the board) - has had at least one person not pay.

With baseball it was easier to not have them disrupt the league since it was a long season and I could disband the team and disperse the players.

Football is tougher.

I think the only way really to do it with the internet is to make people pay first before sending the league info out (but that could mean making it tough to get people to join)

That being said I PAID KEVIN! WHAT IS THE REST OF YOUR FUCKS EXCUSES????

I'm always awful with this and probably drive every person who runs my pay leagues nuts.  I'll always pay, but will wait until pretty much the last minute every single time.

That being said, now that I paid Kevin I can tell the rest of you 25% bums to PAY UP!

Did my last draft tonight, seasonal format. Meh....

QB: Matt Stafford, Derek Carr

RB: Lesean McCoy, Jeremy Hill, Ameer Abdullah, Joique Bell

WR: Brandin Cooks, Davante Adams, Julian Edelman, Michael Floyd, Terrance Williams

TE: Delanie Walker, Tyler Eifert

K/D Steven Hauschka/Ravens

I'm pretty underwhelmed, but not totally horrified. Was a pretty weird draft, other than Rodgers and Luck, no one started taking any quarterbacks until round 9.

I need CSC to come in here and explain whatever the hell he was doing in our pay league. I'm so confused. Never seen a bench with 8 WRs before.

Well two of those will be dropped for IDP and the rest...well...I was driving from LA, then getting ice cream, then getting Chinese food during the draft and my girl was drafting in the passenger seat as I fed her names.

This strategy didn't turn out so well when I actually looked at my team after the draft and realized not only the 8 WR bench but 2 of my 3 running backs aren't playing week one.

• Like 1

Need to decide on a WR3. I figure it's pretty much between Allen Robinson (vs. CAR) or Markus Wheaton (vs. NE), although I also have Charles Johnson (vs. SF). Right now, I have Wheaton in the slot, but I'm having second thoughts, due to Wheaton possibly getting more coverage due to Bryant, Bell, and Pouncey being out. Johnson seems to have emerged as Teddy Bridgewater's faqvorite reciever, so that counts for something, I guess. Robinson, I know has been making a lot of noise this preseason, but I don't know about trusting a receiver from Jacksonville. Thoughts?

I think my post got lost in the shuffle of discussing Kevin's pay league, but I'd really appreciate some advice. Thanks :)

Jesus. This is the first year where I hate my teams. In the 8 team 2 QB keeper league I've been in from the start, I have:

QB1: Peyton Manning (My keeper, only because it's a 2 QB league)

QB2: Matt Stafford (Backups are Carson Palmer and Tie Rod Taylor)

RB1: Mark Ingram (Christ...)

RB2: Johnathan Stewart (FUCK Christ...He was always a waiver pickup for me.)

WR1: Julio Jones (My #2 pick)

WR2: DeAndre Hopkins (Who doesn't really have a QB to throw to him)

TE: GRONK (My #1 pick. Take me back to the promised land, Gronk. Backup is Kyle Rudolph.)

Flex: Golden Tate (Other possibilities are Sammy Watkins, Alfred Blue, Nelson Agholor, Michael Floyd, Ryan Matthews, and Darren McFadden)

D: Bills

K: Parkey

My team in the 12 team PPR keeper league I just joined is:

QB: Cam Newton (Fuck me...Backup is Carson Palmer...)

RB1: LeSean McCoy (Keeper #2)

RB2: Latavius Murray (Jesus, really?)

WR1: Odell Beckham Jr. (Keeper #1)

WR2: Emmanuel Sanders

TE: Travis Kelce

Flex: DeAndre Hopkins

D: Cardinals

K: Parkey

My bench is Isaiah Crowell, Lorenzo Taliaferro, Eddie Royal, Darren Sproles, Heath Miller and Branden Oliver.

Time to start looking forward to winning my money back in the toilet bowl.

As a late pay this year myself, could I suggest some sort of tax after a certain date? Ideally, the amount should fit somewhere between "whatever, it's just $___ I'm too busy right now," and "fuck it, I'm dropping out."

Any bonus dues for the league could go into a bonus pot like a payout for consolation bracket, a prize for most points during the season, or a boobie prize for worst draft pick.

Well I guess it would depend on the cost of the league.

My knee jerk reaction was $5.

But it is a league that charges $100+ for entry - then the penalty maybe needs to be higher.

So maybe like 5% or 10% of the entry fee