DVDVR Message Board

Fantasy Football 2015 Catch All Thread

elizium

Drafts should be starting up pretty soon, so I figured I'd start off the new thread for this season. Any fantasy football comments or questions, you know the drill.

I guess I'll start off with one. Is Cordarrelle Patterson worth hanging onto in a dynasty league? Cuts need to be done in the next week and he's on my bubble. My WR line-up is pretty strong, so I wouldn't need him to start, but I'd feel shitty if he actually manages to return to a bit of his 2013 form and I let him go for nothing.

Antonio Brown, Jordan Matthews, Davante Adams, Desean Jackson, John Brown.

Obviously not dropping any of them, its just more a question of whether I want to keep him around to see if he develops at all or drop him and roll the dice with a draft pick.

• 2 weeks later...

Had our draft today. How do you guys think I did? ESPN PPR league. No keepers. 

QB Aaron Rodgers
RB Alfred Morris
RB/WR Mike Wallace
WR Jordy Nelson
WR T.Y. Hilton
TE Greg Olsen
D/ST Buffalo Bills
K Stephen Gostkowski 

Bench: Tom Brady, Jameis Winston, Legarrette Blount, Arian Foster, Doug Martin, Roddy White, Owen Daniels, Cowboys D/ST

So, in our keeper league, we had a bunch of people drop out this year, and a lot of their teams were not well managed. In an effort to make taking those teams over more attractive to new players, we introduced a rule change that allowed people to keep less than 4 players, with them getting their pics back in a comp round which would take place after the first round of the draft. Most people seem fine with it, but one player says the change will primarily benefit people drafting late, i.e. the already strong teams. Does this make sense to anyone else? The teams at the back end of the draft of the ones who are successful last year, and probably already have decent keepers. The rule change would seem to me to only benefit those with shitty keepers by allowing them to trade up to top 60 options.

How early do I jump on the Hayne Plane?

Dunno. I'm in a league with a bunch of other RL fans, so he went a little earlier than I was expecting/willing to draft him. Without having seen him in preseason, I'd guess he's up there as soon as he learns blocking. Rushing off pitches and covering/chasing kicks isn't something that he's going to need to learn from an NFL coach.

Draft him late if he's there? I should think it'll be at least a few weeks plus an injury before he gets many snaps.

PS: I'm unsure about his fantasy chances for this year, but I honestly believe that the Niners have got the steal of the century for the money they're paying him.

• Like 1

I made my own league. Join if you like. Draft is next Friday night.

Changes from standard: I added a Flex spot, and I tweaked the defensive scoring so that shutting out an opponent (or allowing very few points) counts for more, because the default Yahoo value is stupid.

https://yho.com/nfl?l=1013155&k=c937977e449d2090&ikey=33d1dd1cad3347ea

Changes from standard: I added a Flex spot, and I tweaked the defensive scoring so that shutting out an opponent (or allowing very few points) counts for more, because the default Yahoo value is stupid.

I joined

and 4 points for a passing TD is the stupidest of Yahoo's default values

• Like 1

Just finished my draft for my League Draft .  Here is what I have.  Starters in bold

QB- P. Rivers, D, Carr

RB - E. Lacy, M. Ingram, L. Miller, A. Ellington

WR - J. Landry, S. Smith, J. Brown, M. Bryant, M. Sanu

TE - T. Eifert, A. Gates

DST - MIA, DEN

K- N. Novak

Lamar Miller is the place filler for the RB/WR/TE slot on my roster.

My wideouts are weak but I feel good about QB/RB

I joined because I cave into peer pressure easily.

Hey is anyone looking to join a pay league?  I run a 20$ 100% payout Auction draft league using Yahoo and Leaguesafe.  Some guys from here have joined up before, and I'm trying to fill up my league before the draft which is Saturday at noon est.  If any of you guys are interested shoot me a PM and I'll send an invite.

For fun what is their TOP 25 player rankings?

Wilson I will send the money to you this weekend.

1 Adrian Peterson RB | MIN  $35 (Bye: 5) 2 Eddie Lacy RB | GB $34 (Bye: 7) 3 Le'Veon Bell RB | PIT  $33 (Bye: 11) 4 Jamaal Charles RB | KC $32 (Bye: 9) 5 C.J. Anderson RB | DEN $28 (Bye: 7) 6 Marshawn Lynch RB | SEA $27 (Bye: 9) 7 Rob Gronkowski TE | NE $24 (Bye: 4) 8 Antonio Brown WR | PIT  $25 (Bye: 11) 9 Dez Bryant WR | DAL  $24 (Bye: 6) 10 Julio Jones WR | ATL $24 (Bye: 10) 11 Calvin Johnson WR | DET $23 (Bye: 9) 12 Demaryius Thomas WR | DEN $23 (Bye: 7) 13 Jeremy Hill RB | CIN $26 (Bye: 7) 14 Matt Forte RB | CHI $23 (Bye: 7) 15 Odell Beckham WR | NYG $22 (Bye: 11) 16 A.J. Green WR | CIN $20 (Bye: 7) 17 Andrew Luck QB | IND $19 (Bye: 10) 18 Randall Cobb WR | GB  $19 (Bye: 7) 19 T.Y. Hilton WR | IND  $17 (Bye: 10) 20 Alshon Jeffery WR | CHI  $16 (Bye: 7) 21 Lamar Miller RB | MIA $19 (Bye: 5) 22 DeMarco Murray RB | PHI $18 (Bye: 8) 23 LeSean McCoy RB | BUF  $17 (Bye: 8) 24 Aaron Rodgers QB | GB $18 (Bye: 7) 25 Jimmy Graham TE | SEA $11 (Bye: 9)

I should note that our league opted to not use TEs a few years back.

I picked 9th out of 12, snake style. 1 QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 Flex, 1 K, 1 D, 6 bench.

R1 - Demarco Murray

R2 - Randall Cobb

R3 - Alfred Morris

R4 - Tony Romo (would not have had a decent QB option if I waited till my R5)

R5 - Amari Cooper (flyer, but what the hell

R6 - Martavis Bryant (pre-suspension)

R7 - Charles Sims

R8 - Kendall Wright

R9 - Victor Cruz

R10 - Bills D (I've had success in past with drafting D around here, can be worth 10 pts/game in this league)

R11 - Andy Dalton

R12 - Matt Jones (Morris handcuff)

R13 - Devante Parker

R14- Phil Dawson (I stream kickers, so went with a Longhorn)