DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - Fall 2015

Pete

#NYisRed I guess signing a bunch of dinosaurs and ignoring your backline doesn't lead to success in MLS. Who knew? Best part is they are going to fire Kreis which is exactly what they shouldn't do because he is by far their best asset.

I think there is definitely a portion of American soccer fandom that fall into the alternative/hipster fanbase. There was a great article in NYT last year about EPL popularity amongst NY intelligencia / book publishing industry.

Also, look at those super expensive glossy soccer magazines like Howler and 6x6. I doubt most sports fans would buy these $15 magazines, esp in an area where print is dying.

That article is every reason I've ever made fun of England, with love, in a nutshell. I do enjoy how it worked in everything from racial stereotyping to anti-analytics bugaboo, while also working in traditional internet Rule Britannia carelord "people who like British things incorrectly should be made fun of" though. The breadth of the stupidity was impressive.

You have to see VfR Ahlen vs Nürnberg!

That was the worst penalty shootout like in forever.

Ahlen's keeper saves three penaltys, the other goalkeeper not even one and guess who won the game...

Also it looks like Red Bull Rasen Ballsport Leipzig goes through after some fan missed a Leipzig player and hit the referee on the head with a lighter.

Shame, because his own team was leading 1:0...

You have to see VfR Ahlen vs Nürnberg!

That was the worst penalty shootout like in forever.

Ahlen's keeper saves three penaltys, the other goalkeeper not even one and guess who won the game...

Was it worse than Ukraine vs. Switzerland at the 06 World Cup or Spain vs. Ireland at the 02 World Cup?

And it's a 4-4 game with ten minutes to go. Fun.

Wow that was a fun game!  I was ready to delete it from the DVR in the second half when Barca went up 4-1 and i started to fwd through it until I saw Sevilla get back into it and make a real game of it!  It probably should have gone to PKs as Sevilla missed a real sitter in the last minute of ET.  But congrats to Pedro for being the clutch play maker that he's always been and ending his Barca career on a real high note.  They are really gonna miss that guy when one of the MSN goes down injured this year.