DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - Fall 2015

Pete

That Leeds / Burnley game was pretty scrappy. Missed the Burnley goal but glad they at least got the draw.

3-0 Leicester at the moment. They're my team for the year, hope they can avoid relegation again. I'm a football novice - got into the sport a few years ago and started with the Copa America which led to being a Suarez / Liverpool fan. When Suarez left though I had to find a new team. The big matches are always broadcast here in Burmese so ended up watching the teams on the bottom half of the table most of the time because I enjoy it more with the English commentary. This led to becoming a fan of Burnley, QPR and Leicester.

QPR mainly because they're owned by the owner of Airasia and I fly with them a dozen times a year. And I hate flying. So in my mind a successful football team = safer flights.

Burnley because I always started with Peterborough in FIFA games and George Boyd is always the dude from the original roster that stays on the 1st team the longest.

Leicester because of that relegation battle last year.

Stupid, I know. But it's all arbitrary when you have no loyalty to any of the teams and don't know the players well enough to choose favourites yet. Suarez was such a ball of energy though, I really miss him in the league and rarely stay up late enough to watch the Spanish league. He is the best player to love to hate. I remember the first game in the premier league I watched of his, he fouled some guy then laughed it off and mussed his hair up. Then like 5 minutes later was fouled, the guy mussed Suarez's hair and he absolutely flipped out. Just wish he'd stop biting guys.

That's the end of my rambling. Sorry about that.

Are the TFC fans really that selfish that they would rather the oldest football club in the western hemisphere go bust than be allowed to play at BMO?

They had lacrosse and/or hockey!

If you can show me a club in any code of football that started on this continent earlier than the Argos and exists to this day I'll be impressed.

Well, depending on how you count the mergers, Hamilton is four years older than the Argos.

Fair point, kind of like how United were formed out of the ashes of Newton Heath and it's considered the same team (this lead to the club having two centenary seasons, one for NH which was when they had the green and gold away kit and the other for the centenary of United).