DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - Fall 2015

Pete

People do the leg or shoulder touch all the time as a sign of consolation. It's such a great 6 seconds. The touch before the facial reaction. Henry's wow face. Carragher's reaction. Not knowing if said reaction is due to the news, the touch, or a combination of both.

Edit: I admire Ancelotti a great deal but LFC isn't his type of club (young, needing time to build) and he's not LFC's type of manager (establishment, short reigns [though I guess that works now], better at handling the absolutely top clubs with world class players). I didn't know he lives here in Vancouver. He was at a Whitecaps game in the summer. Neat.

There's only one man for the job. And that man is...

Newcastle+United+v+West+Ham+United+Premi

Honestly, I'd love to see how Klopp develops the likes of Can, Firmino, Sakho, Markovic eventually, Ibe, Henderson among others. I think Can, Henderson, and Milner would suit his gegenpressing style quite well. 

Schalke lost to Köln!

At home!

0-3!

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?!

Everyone is handing the championship to Bayern so the German national squad can start prepping for EURO 2016 in January.

Too bad Dortmund got trashed, I really hopey they´d put up a fight. A, since it was Lewandowski and Götze scoring 3 out of Bayern´s 5, it was actually 4-2 Dortmund, overcoming a five goal deficit. ;)

Anyway, Bundesliga will be interesting for positions 2 to 18 I´d guess.;)

BPL looks amazing this year, however.

• Like 2

Not surprised that Dick Advocaat walked away from Sunderland. Am a bit surprised though that Liverpool let Brendan Rodgers go but losing Raheem Sterling after Suarez went was the straw that broke the camels back. Doubt Carra will take the job unless it's a Giggsy/Van Gaal situation where he comes in with say Kenny Dalglish as his assistant then when Kenny goes, Carra gets the top job. #1 choice at the moment is Klopp, Ancelotti is at #2. Newcastle were woeful, if Kun stayed on the pitch longer there could have been a score in double figures. 

All the buzz last night from "experts" said Carlo is odds on favorite and FSG thinks Klopp would be a bad fit and his resume is inflated.

Carlo seems a safer choice, as he has been in the PL before and would want to work with a director of football.

Normally, that would be fantastic news. But, Carlo would be an awful choice with Klopp available and I'd seriously feel disenchanted with the club if he were appointed. He's a world class manager, maybe even so much so that he's bigger than Liverpool, but our situation is something he hasn't had to work with in over a decade plus. He's not a great team builder. He's best working with the finished product and only Coutinho and Sturridge fit that bill. Klopp proved himself to be one of the best team builders around at Mainz and BVB. He'd also 100% get Liverpool's ethos, I don't think Ancelotti would, at least not nearly to the level that crazy fucker Klopp would. I've had concerns about FSG for a long time (some of what they do is great, some terrible), but if they ignore Klopp, they'd have lost me and I imagine a good number of supporters too.  

If you look at Ancelotti's league record, now that is inflation. He's won three league titles between managing Juventus, Milan, Chelsea, PSG, and Real Madrid for over 15 years between them. I couldn't believe that. Great cup record though. I get that Dortmund are often made to be a smaller club financially than they really are, but the fact that Klopp had them winning the league back to back seasons, won a domestic cup, and had them in the finals of the toughest club competition in the world is pretty incredible.

In saying that, The Guardian's main article on their football site says LFC is expected to make an official approach to Klopp this week. I'm going to stop hyperventilating now. I feel, in terms of key moments in Liverpool history off the pitch, this is the biggest one since the sale of the club in 2010. They need to get this right.

edit: ESPN's site says Carlo wants Champions League football and is likely to rule himself out of the running.

Edited by Oyaji

I wonder how much bigger the economics of German football get in the next decade. I mean this as no shot at anyone here (because hell it would apply to me anyway) but Bundesliga seems to be the trendy hipster thing to like now, and I wonder if they convert that into more TV money.

You look at the crowds all their big clubs draw and it's pretty eye popping, but obviously TV money is the game now.

I guess we won the derby after all.

If I were a toffee I'd consider causing Liverpool to get rid of hopeless Brendan a huge defeat because he was doing such a fantastic job of running them into the ground.

All the major papers are reporting it's close to a done deal. 3 years and he wants Zeljko Buvac (assman, super tactician) & Peter Krawietz to join him at Anfield.

RAWK has broken down into gif-o-mania and I love it! This is fucking MOMENTOUS.

The Mirror in the UK are reporting that Klopp hasn't said a definitive yes or no yet, they also speculated he's waiting out for the Bayern Munich job. But I doubt Bayern will want to lose Pep Guardiola although they want him to sign a contract extension in January so if they put the pressure on Pep too much he could walk. Plus the Telegraph states that instead of waiting out for the possibility of going to manage Munich Jurgen Klopp's open to going to Liverpool. It's also speculated that Coutinho might go to Barca in the January transfer window. That being said I think if Jurgen Klopp does get the job and he turns Liverpool's fortunes around and he makes Coutinho feel like he's integral to the team then I'm sure he'd stay. As at Barca he'd be another cog in their machine. Yet at Liverpool he'd be the engine and the player that Klopp could build the team around. Personally I think Jurgen Klopp will be the new Liverpool boss, it's a huge task for him and if the FSG allow him to keep hold of his key players - Sturridge, Benteke & Coutinho spring to mind, he could bring in players who'll add weight to the team and shore up areas which are in dire need. I think they need a new Keeper, some solid defenders & a Stevie G style player and I don't think Emre Can is in that mold. Hendo's good and certainly exceeded Fergie's opinion of him, but I don't think he's the lynchpin of the team. Liverpool need a world class player who can lead the team and whom will inspire the players around him to play better. If Liverpool can find that player and I think it has to be a creative midfielder then they will certainly benefit. They also need an out and out goalscorer and maybe Benteke will step up to the plate and take that role alongside Sturridge. As for Brendan Rodgers, I wouldn't be surprised if he turns up at Newcastle and I think he could work some wonders there and have David Moyes-esque Everton type success with them over time. That is if they have team unity as right now Cisse wants to leave and I don't think the new signings have worked out yet. So it might take time but a new ethos and a new style could work out better for them. But going back to Klopp, I think Liverpool would probably manage to finish around 6th or maybe 5th come the end of the season if he does come in, then FSG could let him bring in the players he wants at the end of the season, if they don't do so in January and next season with the team he wants in place make a run for the title next season or two. Expecting him to come in now and work wonders either now or a year is almost an impossibility, but once he works out the kinks in team they'll hit the ground running and I wouldn't be surprised if he has the same level of success as Mourinho when he first came to Chelsea.  

Juan Carlos Osorio (second worst coach in Metro history as nobody tops Bora) has been named Mexico coach. Wait what!?!?!? Staples announced they are stocking up on notebooks throughout the country to keep up with demand.